timbo

Default Ryobi hammer drill query

Hi, here in the UK I recently bought a Ryobi CDI-1441
hammer drill/drill set. The hammer drill has a yellow
torque ring with positions labelled 1-24, where 23
shows a drill symbol and 24 a hammer symbol.

However I can't seem to turn the ring past 23 to get
to the hammer setting! Is there a knack to this, or a
button to depress or something?

Any help appreciated. The manual is no use at all.

Change red to blue in email address when replying

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 18:12:45 GMT, timbo
wrote:

Hi, here in the UK I recently bought a Ryobi CDI-1441
hammer drill/drill set. The hammer drill has a yellow
torque ring with positions labelled 1-24, where 23
shows a drill symbol and 24 a hammer symbol.

However I can't seem to turn the ring past 23 to get
to the hammer setting! Is there a knack to this, or a
button to depress or something?

Any help appreciated. The manual is no use at all.

try rotating the chuck a little by hand as you turn the ring
Dave Jackson

Try turning the ring the other direction, past the zero or one, to 24. I
don't have that particular model, but i seem to recall using someone else's
drill and having the same dilemma --dave

wrote:

Hi, here in the UK I recently bought a Ryobi CDI-1441
hammer drill/drill set. The hammer drill has a yellow
torque ring with positions labelled 1-24, where 23
shows a drill symbol and 24 a hammer symbol.

However I can't seem to turn the ring past 23 to get
to the hammer setting! Is there a knack to this, or a
button to depress or something?

Any help appreciated. The manual is no use at all.

try rotating the chuck a little by hand as you turn the ring

timbo

wrote:

Hi, here in the UK I recently bought a Ryobi CDI-1441
hammer drill/drill set. The hammer drill has a yellow
torque ring with positions labelled 1-24, where 23
shows a drill symbol and 24 a hammer symbol.

However I can't seem to turn the ring past 23 to get
to the hammer setting! Is there a knack to this, or a
button to depress or something?

Any help appreciated. The manual is no use at all.

try rotating the chuck a little by hand as you turn the ring

I tried both these suggestions, thanks for them, but
still no luck. Any other ideas?

My next port of call is to go to a big DIY store and
fiddle with the ones on display!

Change red to blue in email address when replying