DonkeyHody

Default Old Milwaukee Passes the Test (Don't Try This at Home)

Took the family to the beach in Destin for Thanksgiving. Too cold to swim,
so we flew kites on the beach. Naturally, a resourceful guy like me brought
along a cordless drill to wind up all that string. Glue a dowel into the
hole in the spool of string, chuck it up in the drill; works like a charm.
Got tired of kite-flying and put the drill on a towel to keep it out of the
sand. An hour later, a rogue wave came MUCH farther ashore than any
previous and washed over the entire beach party. I practically had to dig
the drill out of the sand. Salt water and sand, what a combination. I
figured it was gone for sure. Took my baby back to the condo and rinsed it
under the sink while running it forward and backward, working the chuck to
get the sand out. Turned the oven down as low as it would go for a few
minutes, turned it off and put the drill in to drive out the moisture.
Three days later, all seems well. I'll bet they didn't design it to take
that, but I'm glad it did.

DonkeyHody

"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in
it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot
stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again---and that is
well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore." - Mark
Twain

Old Nick

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:27:01 -0600, "DonkeyHody"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I knew a dog that was hit by a car. After that, it would walk in front
of a moving car, and only run away if it braked.

"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in
it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot
stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again---and that is
well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore." - Mark
Twain

Dave Balderstone

In article , DonkeyHody
wrote:

I'll bet they didn't design it to take
that, but I'm glad it did.

Send the company's marketing manager a testimonial. You never know what
you'll get back in return...

Helluva story.
Jon Endres, PE

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
tone.ca...
In article , DonkeyHody
wrote:

I'll bet they didn't design it to take
that, but I'm glad it did.

Send the company's marketing manager a testimonial. You never know what
you'll get back in return...

Most likely you'll get a brand new Ryobi cordless tool.

JE

Lew Hodgett

Subject

Now that is bad beer.

Even I won't drink it.

Lew

Home Depot not for Do-It-Yourself'ers? Joseph Home Repair 32 March 24th 04 07:50 PM
New Home - Inspector Found some SERIOUS issues. Speedy Jim Home Repair 36 March 21st 04 04:40 PM
Homes in General, one question and a few ideas E5I5O Home Repair 5 February 19th 04 05:06 AM
Old Man Winter Will Hit Us Tonight! Maryjoe Home Repair 29 February 2nd 04 06:26 AM
test for Jimbo dale Metalworking 3 November 13th 03 05:52 PM