R.H.

Default Another tool ID needed XXIV

Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/
Peter

"R.H." wrote in message om...
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

201 is a pipe cutter
204 typewriter type levers
205 oxy or acetylene bottle spanner
206 lapping tool

Peter

"Peter" wrote in message
u...

"R.H." wrote in message om...
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

201 is a pipe cutter
204 typewriter type levers
205 oxy or acetylene bottle spanner
206 lapping tool

203 skiving tool?

Andy Dingley

#201 - pipe cutter. It might just be a chain wrench, but those little
wheels in the chain look like they're sharp-edged

#202 - brake or clutch re-liner ? Asbestos friction linings were
riveted to a steel frame. This tool is used to cut the heads off the
rivets so a new lining can be riveted on. It used to be a local
garage task, now we just swap the whole component.

#204 - typewriter

#205 - don't think this is for gas welding. UK bottles always use a
square shut-off valve spindle and the wrench for the pipe connections
is much bigger.
--
Smert' spamionam
Terry Coombs

R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

201 is a pipe cutter for cast iron drainpipe
196 is hog ring pliers used in upholstery work
195 is schrader valves for car/truck tires
199 is a rope spinner .

--
Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"

DanG

201. Muffler cutter
202. No idea.
203. No idea.
204. Typewriter. Soon to be a museum piece.
205. Go/NoGo gauge
206. magnetize/demagnetize block

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

TeamCasa

201 Exhaust pipe cutter
196 Hog ring pliers
195 Schrader valves
199 Rope weaver
205 Bycycle wrench
204 Typewriter levers
202 Universal Joint removal/installation (Maybe ball joints - need better
pictures)
206 Crimping die

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

R.H.

"Peter" wrote in message
u...

"Peter" wrote in message
u...

"R.H." wrote in message

om...
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

201 is a pipe cutter
204 typewriter type levers
205 oxy or acetylene bottle spanner
206 lapping tool

203 skiving tool?

This is correct, it's an edge planer used by a shoe maker, also could be
used as an edge iron.

R.H.

"Peter" wrote in message
u...

"R.H." wrote in message

om...
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

201 is a pipe cutter

It's a cutter but I'm still trying to determine if it's for pipe or glass.

204 typewriter type levers

Correct.

205 oxy or acetylene bottle spanner

It's a spanner but not for 205 oxy or acetylene.

206 lapping tool

This one isn't a lapping tool.

R.H.

#201 - pipe cutter. It might just be a chain wrench, but those little
wheels in the chain look like they're sharp-edged

Cutter is correct, though as I mentioned previously I'm not sure if it's for
pipe or glass.

#202 - brake or clutch re-liner ? Asbestos friction linings were
riveted to a steel frame. This tool is used to cut the heads off the
rivets so a new lining can be riveted on. It used to be a local
garage task, now we just swap the whole component.

Thanks, I'll pass this on to the owner.

#204 - typewriter

Yes

#205 - don't think this is for gas welding. UK bottles always use a
square shut-off valve spindle and the wrench for the pipe connections
is much bigger.

You're right, it's not for gas welding.

--
Smert' spamionam

Leo Lichtman

206 could be either of two things: Is it magnetic? It would be applied to
a screwdriver stem to make it hold screws. The other possibility (also
assuming it is magnetic) is a fraudulent device sold by Harbor Freight to be
applied over a fuel line, to help break up the clumps of molecules of
gasoline. LOL

R.H.

"DanG" wrote in message
201. Muffler cutter

Probably but maybe for glass.

202. No idea.
203. No idea.
204. Typewriter. Soon to be a museum piece.

Yes

205. Go/NoGo gauge

Nope

206. magnetize/demagnetize block

Correct

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

R.H.

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
news
R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

201 is a pipe cutter for cast iron drainpipe

So far everyone has guessed pipe cutter for this one, but the seller thought
it was a glass cutter. I'm still not sure which is corret.

196 is hog ring pliers used in upholstery work

I still haven't verified this yet, but probably right.

195 is schrader valves for car/truck tires
199 is a rope spinner .

These two are correct.

--
Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"

R.H.

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
206 could be either of two things: Is it magnetic? It would be applied

a screwdriver stem to make it hold screws. The other possibility (also
assuming it is magnetic) is a fraudulent device sold by Harbor Freight to

be
applied over a fuel line, to help break up the clumps of molecules of
gasoline. LOL

Your first answer is correct, it's a magnetizer/demagnetizer.

Jon Elson

R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

201 is a pipe cutter. There are cutting wheels on the chain.

204 "basket" of a manual typewriter.

195. Schraeder valves.

Jon

Leo Lichtman

201 is a pipe cutter

RH wrote: It's a cutter but I'm still trying to determine if it's for pipe
or glass.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have seen one, much larger, used to cut clay sewer pipe. It looks like it
would be turned, so the wheels make a groove, like a glass cutter. The
contractor I watched merely tightened the chain, and the pipe popped in two.
I don't know of any clay pipe in sizes that this tool could handle, so it is
plausible that it would be used for glass tubing, such as is used for boiler
sight glasses, etc.

Jeff

197 is a paint scraper/razor blade.

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Footy

198 appears to be a locking bolt out of a safe.

Robert Bonomi

R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

201 is a pipe cutter for cast iron drainpipe

So far everyone has guessed pipe cutter for this one, but the seller thought
it was a glass cutter. I'm still not sure which is corret.

*NOT* likely to be for glass, with the _multiple_ cutter wheels. You don't
need pressure to cut glass -- scoring the surfacei, and then 'snapping' is
sufficient -- even with tubing.

Badger

R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

209, universal tool for a machine, similar to a bicycle spanner I had
some years ago.

R.H.

"Jeff" wrote in message
197 is a paint scraper/razor blade.

Razor blade is correct.

R.H.

"Footy" wrote in message
198 appears to be a locking bolt out of a safe.

Yes, it's from a bank vault.

R.H.

"Badger" wrote in message

R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

209, universal tool for a machine, similar to a bicycle spanner I had
some years ago.

I'm guessing that you mean 205, yes it's a universal tool but it's for a
particular machine.

R.H.

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
ervers.com...
R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set of photos:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

201 is a pipe cutter. There are cutting wheels on the chain.

The seller told me that he thought it was a glass cutter, I finally found
one just like it on this page, second from the bottom:

http://store.yahoo.com/wantasub1/tubetools.html

click on the photo for a larger one.

204 "basket" of a manual typewriter.

Correct.