Richard

Default Another tool ID needed XXII

Being that #190 is from a Gage company, I thought it might be a gage to
determine mesh size of screens.

"R.H." wrote in message
.. .

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
rvers.com...
R.H. wrote:
Just posted a few more this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

190 has to be for spot lapping of surfaces. it looks just like a tiny
lapping plate.

Jon

This is probably correct.

Richard

195 An air valve, as in a tire stem.
197 Single edge razor blade
189 Metering valve (as in carburetor)
190 Screen mesh gage
194 Does the silver part have a stamp?
"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just posted a few more this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

R.H.

"Richard" wrote in message
195 An air valve, as in a tire stem.

Yes

197 Single edge razor blade

Correct.

189 Metering valve (as in carburetor)

This one isn't a metering valve.

190 Screen mesh gage
194 Does the silver part have a stamp?

No it doesn't have a stamp.

"R.H." wrote in message
om...
Just posted a few more this morning:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

R.H.

"CW" wrote in message
The handle part of it is for plug gages but the tool has been modified. It
looks to be a lap. It is likely not a commercial tool, made up by a
toolmaker for his own use. The gage handle was probably handy at the time.

You might be correct, I don't know enough about plug valves to verify your
idea, although the width of the pivoting piece is just barely less than .375
inches wide which is right at the measurements on the handle. Did they make
combination lapping tools and go/no-go gages?

I added another photo to this set in which it shows more writing on

this
tool, "Go .350" on one end and "No Go .370" on the other end. I'm not

machinist so I'm not sure if which idea this bolsters, whether it's a
lapping plate or a gage for screens.

"R.H." wrote in message
.. .

"Jon Elson" wrote in message