jbeck

"jbeck" wrote in message

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 20:24:19 -0700, "jbeck"
spake the words:

Found a supplier for the blades...I am going to attempt to run it this
season before really doing any mods, so we'll see how it goes.

You've said that 3 times now without stating the name of the source.
What'll it take to get that outta ya, Becko?

$50.00

Information ain't cheap.

)

If I don't get that in about 24 hours, I'll go ahead and post the source!

I had a 'recommended' company from Wisconsin...that name escapes me, but is
written down in my truck (which is out of town without me). If needed, be
glad to post that name.

Aside from that:

A promising site:

Specialty Saw:

http://www.specialtysaw.com/blades/index.html

http://www.specialtysaw.com/blades/carbtippw.html

Pricing information:

http://www.specialtysaw.com/blades/carbprice.html

Jeff

"jbeck" wrote in message ...
wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 06:32:58 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 14:32:04 GMT, vaguely
proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Not on the hooror front (and I can where that thing would look very
predatory) the most amazing thing I have watched is tree harvesting.
This machine was grabbing 120' 3' diam trees (Tassie Bluegums) and
cutting, trimming, topping and debarking them like they were
toothpicks. unbelievable. It would cut though the tree in what, under
5 seconds (?). Then trow it down abd sort of nibble its way along the
tree debranching, then ZIP 2 seconds to top the tree, theh back and
forth a couple of times through these toothed wheels to get rid of the
bark.

Actually I was considering tree farming at the time. But these
extraction companies were out for themselves to the nth, and the 24
hour per day methods, and mess they left behind was frightening to
behold. To say nothing of 4* 3' tree stumps every ten square yards,
acre after acre.

These things don't take down the entire tree. They just trim off the
top and sides(?) to give a better shape for trees planted in rows and
an easier height to work.

Still pretty darned impressive.

--RC

All they have to do is shoot some footage in an orchard where it's
operating. I've occasionally seen things like this in use in citrus
orchards and it is flat scary just in normal operation.

--RC

Yep...why go to the movies to scare yourself...just find an orchard that has
one of these things lurking in the shadows!

There is a company located in Knoxville, TN where I have had a smaller
(10") saw blade made, and one resharpened. They can make up tp a 36
inch diameter blade I think. The name is Precision Industrial Supply
Co., ask for Tom Housewright, he is the owner. Phone # is
(865)686-0306. You can get various types of blade specifications
depending on what you are doing.

They make great blades, and have a number of other machine repair
services. If they can't make what you need, he might know someone who
could.

Jeff