Old November 24th 04, 09:55 PM
Ryan

Very difficult question. $200 is a bargain, but at an auction it
might bring in $2000 or more. Maybe the church can give parishioners
first choice? I'd be curious to know what the church got for these.

We've got an offer of $50 each from a local custom lumber place. But
after your comments I'm wondering if we should put an ad in the paper.
It's kind of tough, after a sunday service in a few weeks they need
to be GONE to make room for the chairs that will probably be here the
next day.

They are only 11 feet long so that is more manageable than I thought.

They are from the 60's, and are not too fancy, but definately don't
look like modern pews.

Thanks,
-Ryan
Old November 24th 04, 10:03 PM
Dave Hinz

On 24 Nov 2004 13:55:36 -0800, Ryan wrote:
Very difficult question. $200 is a bargain, but at an auction it
might bring in $2000 or more. Maybe the church can give parishioners
first choice? I'd be curious to know what the church got for these.

We've got an offer of $50 each from a local custom lumber place. But
after your comments I'm wondering if we should put an ad in the paper.

I asked some friends of ours about this last night, they did an
ad in the paper with "freewill offering". Got 200 bucks each, on
average. Try it - if the numbers aren't turning out, you can always
defer to the dealer.

It's kind of tough, after a sunday service in a few weeks they need
to be GONE to make room for the chairs that will probably be here the
next day.

Yes, the logistics of storing a whole church worth of pews, when you
don't have a church-sized space to store them in, can be a problem.

They are only 11 feet long so that is more manageable than I thought.
They are from the 60's, and are not too fancy, but definately don't
look like modern pews.

Well, you could sell them with the terms that they are to be removed
between (date) and (other date). 50 bucks each seems low, but if
there are any left over after you try to sell what you can, it's
a decent bottom-end.

Dave Hinz