Default Which are the best type of drawer glides??????????

I bought some Blum drawers glides the other week. They are the under
mount type. I picked them because they don't obstruct the dovetails
but they can be a bit tricky to install, the thickness of the material
used for the drawers de terming the size of the drawers. Are there
other quality glides out there that will give me the same benefits
that are a little easier to install?
Mike
Leon

If you build the drawer to fit the hole in the cabinet and add a couple of
wooden runners to the cabinet under the drawer sides, you do no need any
drawer slides. When I build using dovetails I try my best not to use any
metal pieces at all to guide drawers even if they will not show. I try to
only use metal slides on kitchen and bathroom cabinets unless a drawer is
going to be carrying a lot of weight.

wrote in message
I bought some Blum drawers glides the other week. They are the under
mount type. I picked them because they don't obstruct the dovetails
but they can be a bit tricky to install, the thickness of the material
used for the drawers de terming the size of the drawers. Are there
other quality glides out there that will give me the same benefits
that are a little easier to install?
Mike

Earl Creel

(SNIP)
Are there other quality glides out there that will give me the same
benefits that are a little easier to install?

Mike

If better quality drawer slides are available I haven't found them.
Earl Creel

woodstuff

wrote in message
I bought some Blum drawers glides the other week. They are the under
mount type. I picked them because they don't obstruct the dovetails
but they can be a bit tricky to install, the thickness of the material
used for the drawers de terming the size of the drawers. Are there
other quality glides out there that will give me the same benefits
that are a little easier to install?
Mike

http://www.blum.com/usa/en/03/03/ind...kGWSSNz3vmB:-1

woodstuff

Leon

"woodstuff" wrote in message
om...

wrote in message
I bought some Blum drawers glides the other week. They are the under
mount type. I picked them because they don't obstruct the dovetails
but they can be a bit tricky to install, the thickness of the material
used for the drawers de terming the size of the drawers. Are there
other quality glides out there that will give me the same benefits
that are a little easier to install?
Mike

http://www.blum.com/usa/en/03/03/ind...kGWSSNz3vmB:-1

Any particular Blum slide, he is already using a Blum slide.

Replacement plastic drawer slides needed Timothy Lee Woodworking 7 July 16th 04 04:54 AM
Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM
What TYPE PC 557 is Amazon Shipping Fly-by-Night CC Woodworking 3 July 13th 03 03:56 PM