Default Can I call this a gloat?

Just a humble lurker who recently bought 100 + bd ft of 5/4
hard maple and yellow birch for $ 50 CDN. Air dried three years,
8' lengths ra
loutent

I think that you can gloat.

If you are accustomed to getting this sort of wood into decent shape,
then you know all the work that lies ahead.

I have a local supplier who sells (say) 4/4 red oak for about $2.25
(US)/bd ft. When I bought my first 100 bf, I drove away thinking how
smart and clever I was.

After a few days with my 12 inch planer, jointer, TS etc, I was not so
sure.

These days, I find myself turning to the pretty BORG oak for many of my
smaller projects - at about 3x the cost but 1/3 the frustration. Sort
of evens out.

Lou

In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 04:52:43 GMT, wrote:

Just a humble lurker who recently bought 100 + bd ft of 5/4
hard maple and yellow birch for $ 50 CDN. Air dried three years,
8' lengths ra

oops... pushed a wrong button........
...... random widths up to 9" , rough not dressed, not
graded, certainly not FAS, some select, but mostly with defects.
Seller had 700 bd ft

Ken

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:21:40 -0500, loutent wrote:

I think that you can gloat.

It's a minor wood gloat, by rec. standards, it seems , but it is
mine.
It's a lot of work dressing this stuff, had to sand a couple
boards to remove dirt etc., but If the price is right I don't mind.
Nice to have a supply of low cost HW for shop jigs, projects etc

Ken

OT gloat =) possibly my lifetime gloat???? crk133 Woodworking 11 January 16th 04 11:50 PM
Gloat contest Knothead Woodworking 14 January 12th 04 12:33 AM
Gloat, gloat, gloat Joe C Woodworking 10 October 24th 03 12:24 AM