Mark

Default Did I sell my Jet for too cheap?

I put my Jet Hybrid TS in the paper this last week and the phone rang
off the hook. Remember the saw that came before the supersaw...it has
a cabinet base, with a 2hp motor and twin belts. Xacta fence, 30"
rail. Went for $650 which was full asking price. Maybe I should have
asked for more.

Well the Unisaw should be here tomorrow, the Jet's replacement. 50"
biesmeyer (sp?) fence, 3hp, 2 cast wings and mobile base. Can't wait.
Mark
Edwin Pawlowski

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
I put my Jet Hybrid TS in the paper this last week and the phone rang
off the hook. Remember the saw that came before the supersaw...it has
a cabinet base, with a 2hp motor and twin belts. Xacta fence, 30"
rail. Went for $650 which was full asking price. Maybe I should have
asked for more.

Wow, I'd have paid $1000 easily. More if you had a blade with it.

Stephen M

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
I put my Jet Hybrid TS in the paper this last week and the phone rang
off the hook. Remember the saw that came before the supersaw...it has
a cabinet base, with a 2hp motor and twin belts. Xacta fence, 30"
rail. Went for $650 which was full asking price. Maybe I should have
asked for more.

No. IIRC those were a about $8-900. I think that's a very fair price for a
lightly used tool. Too close to retail and prople will just pay a few $ more
for support and warantees that come with a new machine.

Well the Unisaw should be here tomorrow, the Jet's replacement. 50"
biesmeyer (sp?) fence, 3hp, 2 cast wings and mobile base. Can't wait.
Mark

Enjoy it.

skeezics

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:20:51 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
. com...
I put my Jet Hybrid TS in the paper this last week and the phone rang
off the hook. Remember the saw that came before the supersaw...it has
a cabinet base, with a 2hp motor and twin belts. Xacta fence, 30"
rail. Went for $650 which was full asking price. Maybe I should have
asked for more.

Wow, I'd have paid $1000 easily. More if you had a blade with it.

hi edwin. if you are near raleigh N.C. there is a unisaw listed on
triangle4sale dot com for 1000. just showed up today so it may still
be available.

skeez

This weekend I picked up a Jet Hybrid TS for $650. Excellent condition. Only
used occasionally for cross-cutting some balsa wood. It appeared that the
owner didn't really know what he had. But oh well, gloats are made of this
stuff.

-j

skeezics

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:31:11 -0800, "J" wrote:

This weekend I picked up a Jet Hybrid TS for $650. Excellent condition. Only
used occasionally for cross-cutting some balsa wood. It appeared that the
owner didn't really know what he had. But oh well, gloats are made of this
stuff.

-j

;-]

..
what a guy!!!! lol...

skeez
Mike Marlow

"Stephen M" wrote in message

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
I put my Jet Hybrid TS in the paper this last week and the phone rang
off the hook. Remember the saw that came before the supersaw...it has
a cabinet base, with a 2hp motor and twin belts. Xacta fence, 30"
rail. Went for $650 which was full asking price. Maybe I should have
asked for more.

No. IIRC those were a about $8-900. I think that's a very fair price for

lightly used tool. Too close to retail and prople will just pay a few $

more
for support and warantees that come with a new machine.

Unless of course you post it on eBay where people will bid twice the retail
price.
--

-Mike-

mp

Wow, I'd have paid $1000 easily. More if you had a blade with it.

That's nothing. I'd have paid $1,500 and thrown in a case of canned tuna.

Tom O'Connor

That should read - fair price to me -

Tom O'Connor

I don't know what you paid but that sounds like a fair price or me.

Rob V

Just to clarify its not a unisaw - its a cabinet saw/contractor saw hybrid.

Same saw I have actually - good saw for what I use it for - never had any
problems w/ it.

"skeezics" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:20:51 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
.com...
I put my Jet Hybrid TS in the paper this last week and the phone rang
off the hook. Remember the saw that came before the supersaw...it has
a cabinet base, with a 2hp motor and twin belts. Xacta fence, 30"
rail. Went for $650 which was full asking price. Maybe I should have
asked for more.

Wow, I'd have paid $1000 easily. More if you had a blade with it.

hi edwin. if you are near raleigh N.C. there is a unisaw listed on
triangle4sale dot com for 1000. just showed up today so it may still
be available.

skeez

WoodMangler

mp did say:

Wow, I'd have paid $1000 easily. More if you had a blade with it.

That's nothing. I'd have paid $1,500 and thrown in a case of canned tuna.

I'd pay $1700 and give you my wife's cats. No return of the saw or the
cats.

--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

skeezics

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 23:29:57 GMT, "Rob V" wrote:

Just to clarify its not a unisaw - its a cabinet saw/contractor saw hybrid.

Same saw I have actually - good saw for what I use it for - never had any
problems w/ it.

this wasnt your add rob. but you may be correct as im not sure of the
model number. here is a copy of the add. it looks like a uni. right
tilting arbor saw. but ya never can tell. lol... it dont give hp
rateing so ..........

10" Tilting arbor, Model 36-750, 230v, right tilt, mobile base, side
extension, unisaw fence. Excellent condition. $1000 obo. Jim
363-3922

skeez
Ron Short

I bought the new Jet hybrid saw for $850. Used it very lightly for a year
and put an ad out for $800. I had someone give me a deposit within 2 days
and he picked it up a few weeks later. Not sure what he was thinking but
hey, it helped pay for the new unisaw.

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
I put my Jet Hybrid TS in the paper this last week and the phone rang
off the hook. Remember the saw that came before the supersaw...it has
a cabinet base, with a 2hp motor and twin belts. Xacta fence, 30"
rail. Went for $650 which was full asking price. Maybe I should have
asked for more.

Well the Unisaw should be here tomorrow, the Jet's replacement. 50"
biesmeyer (sp?) fence, 3hp, 2 cast wings and mobile base. Can't wait.
Mark

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Mark wrote:
I put my Jet Hybrid TS in the paper this last week and the phone rang
off the hook. Remember the saw that came before the supersaw...it has
a cabinet base, with a 2hp motor and twin belts. Xacta fence, 30"
rail. Went for $650 which was full asking price. Maybe I should have
asked for more.

Depends on how much you figure your time, dealing with 'tire kickers', is
worth. grin

$650 is not a 'give away' price, although it is an 'attractive to the buyer'
level (as you found out .

Guessing you probably could have gotten $100 more, but it would have taken
time, effort, and aggravation. "Peace of mind" _does_ have value.

Prometheus

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 02:32:25 GMT, "Ron Short"
wrote:

I bought the new Jet hybrid saw for $850. Used it very lightly for a year
and put an ad out for $800. I had someone give me a deposit within 2 days
and he picked it up a few weeks later. Not sure what he was thinking but
hey, it helped pay for the new unisaw.

That's always nice. I had a camper a few years back that I paid $500
for. I used it for a season and sold it in a day and a half to a lady
for $3500 after telling her exactly what was wrong with it (broken
heater, leaky roof). Some people are just foolish, I guess.

"Mark" wrote in message
. com...
I put my Jet Hybrid TS in the paper this last week and the phone rang
off the hook. Remember the saw that came before the supersaw...it has
a cabinet base, with a 2hp motor and twin belts. Xacta fence, 30"
rail. Went for $650 which was full asking price. Maybe I should have
asked for more.

Well the Unisaw should be here tomorrow, the Jet's replacement. 50"
biesmeyer (sp?) fence, 3hp, 2 cast wings and mobile base. Can't wait.
Mark

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Cheap way of reducing dust in loft David W.E. Roberts UK diy 16 July 17th 04 10:04 PM
Cheap lathes any good? part 2 bob Woodturning 1 February 10th 04 11:08 PM
Cheap tools Maxprop Woodturning 0 February 8th 04 04:55 PM
Cheap tools?? Howard Woodworking 32 November 17th 03 10:10 PM
Cheap Compressors Mark Spice UK diy 13 July 28th 03 02:07 AM