Todd

Default Woodmaster moulder/planer

Anyone have any opinion on this tool? Looking at the 18" model.

Thanks

david zaret

todd,

i have the 18" model with propack and a bunch of molding knives. it's a
great machine. do a google search and you should find a bunch of recent
posts about it.

my only complaint - and it's not really something that i can blame
woodmaster for - is that when the drum sander is installed, you can't
sand very thin parts because it uses feeder rollers and not a belt. but
it's primarily a planer and molding cutter, so that's perfectly acceptable.

let me know if you have specific questions, i'm happy to answer.

--- dz

Todd wrote:
Anyone have any opinion on this tool? Looking at the 18" model.

Thanks

Todd

Thanks David

My Business partner and I looked at the machine today and will be ordering
one on Monday(pro-pak, 18"). We have a cabinet/furniture shop as well as a
2000' kiln. This will make all our moldings and plus we hope to sell to
local contractors as well. We hope to run $300 - $500 profit per month to
pay the tool off. Is this possible with such a slow machine?

Anyway, Thanks for the time.

Todd

"Todd" wrote in message
Anyone have any opinion on this tool? Looking at the 18" model.

Thanks

david zaret

well, i don't know about the numbers, but you can cut trim in one pass.
the major time-sucker is the stock preparation - do you have something
that'll S4S the wood quickly? you'll spend far more time jointing and
planing than you will cutting the final profile...

do you have a good dust collector? this thing spits some serious chips.
i can fill a 55 gallon drum in an hour, easily.

-- dz

"Todd" wrote in message

Anyone have any opinion on this tool? Looking at the 18" model.

Thanks

John

Have had one for about 18months, love it.

John

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 01:24:54 GMT, "Todd"
wrote:

Anyone have any opinion on this tool? Looking at the 18" model.

Thanks

david zaret

larry,

yep, good idea. i will try it with a piece of ply and double-stick tape.

--- dz

Larry Kraus wrote:
Can you work around this by using a sled to carry thin parts through?
Maybe a piece of plywood with thin strips on the back and edge to keep
the work piece in place?

david zaret wrote:

my only complaint - and it's not really something that i can blame
woodmaster for - is that when the drum sander is installed, you can't
sand very thin parts because it uses feeder rollers and not a belt. but
it's primarily a planer and molding cutter, so that's perfectly acceptable.

Bill Wallace

I have some questions about this as well.

First of all, I've spoken with these folks a few times and they seem
like a great company to work with. I plan on doing gang ripping as my
primary use. They really gave me some great input and were ready to
quote on customizing the machine and some cutter attachments for me.
Very encouraging.

My question is, has anyone done any gang ripping with this unit? I'm
just wondering how clean the cuts are and does it track well (ie cut
straight)?

The guys at woodmaster were ready to throw a 10hp motor in this baby
and create some custom spacers so I could rip as many 3/8" wide strips
at once as I'd like. They assured me with a 10hp I could easily rip a
12" wide board into 3/8" strips all at once no prob.

BW
P.S. They did give me a local reference of a customer but until I'm
ready to lay down cash I figured I'd just ask here.