Han

My attempt at getting a blower for naught didn't work, so I bought one on
Ebay, plus a variable speed switch (from "greatsam" total $125). The
squirrel cage fan turned out about 5 times bigger than I had expected, but
it moves a lot of air! There was (hopefully still is) a site decribing my
box, but I lost the url. My wooden box is 15Wx24Lx20H, and has dual
filters on each side (20x24, one each regular=cheap and
Filtrete=expensive). It works beautifully, but it is big.
--
Best regards
Han
mac davis

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 14:18:08 GMT, Han wrote:

My attempt at getting a blower for naught didn't work, so I bought one on
Ebay, plus a variable speed switch (from "greatsam" total $125). The
squirrel cage fan turned out about 5 times bigger than I had expected, but
it moves a lot of air! There was (hopefully still is) a site decribing my
box, but I lost the url. My wooden box is 15Wx24Lx20H, and has dual
filters on each side (20x24, one each regular=cheap and
Filtrete=expensive). It works beautifully, but it is big.

big is what I'm going for, regardless of what size blower I find..
I need to build a new router table, so I'll make the filter box at
least 36" high and 48" wide..

Han

mac davis wrote in
news
big is what I'm going for, regardless of what size blower I find..
I need to build a new router table, so I'll make the filter box at
least 36" high and 48" wide..

Did a Google search: I got something like this from this seller, plus the
variable speed switch from him. He had great support when the wiring
instructions weren't clear to me:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ry=43555&item=
4335921047&rd=1
(sorry about the wrap)
I have no affiliation with this guy other than as a satisfied customer.
--
Best regards
Han
Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
Greg O wrote:

I have a home built dust filter that I use when ever I am in the shop. No
dust sparkling in the sun light in my shop.
Greg

No dust sparkling through the sunlight in my shop, either, but then again,
I work in the basement.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

max

We wound up building a box around the back of the saw and the sides come
forward to the front fences on both sides. At the front to the right and
left of the saw are two sliding doors. When the saw is at 90 degrees the
doors are closed, when the saw is set for miters we have to move the doors
to clear the saw. We are using a 2 horsepower DC with a hose to the box and
a hose under the table. It collects almost everything. We can use this saw
for hours without dust escaping.
max

max wrote:

The chop saw was an adventure in itself. It took
months to get it right.

I'm interested in what the "right" solution was. Care to share? ;-)

-- Mark

mnterpfan

"patrick conroy" wrote in message ...
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
.. .

Emptying the can is *a* benefit but not the main one: it serves to
protect the impellor blades from every big chunk that the dust collector
slurps up. They should fall in the can BEFORE they hit the DC. For the
little bit of money you need to spend to get a garbage can and cyclone
lid, it's cheap insurance.

OK... But I take very light passes with the DW735...

Don't forget about the times you use the DC as a vacuum with a floor
sweep or hose and you pick up a screw or chunk of wood. The impellor
doesn't like that too much. Dust collectors don't have many moving
parts, but I don't imagine that they are cheap to replace. A bent
impellor is likely much more expensive than a pre-separator. As for
buying better bags later, they are not on the cheap side either when
you buy them as add-ons.

I am speaking more from my own purchase deciding factors rather than
from experience. I haven't actually used my DC system yet. I am
currently designing shop plans and ducting.

ET