Larry Jaques

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 06:51:02 GMT, mac davis
calmly ranted:

George Cawthon said:
Well, there are standards of designations for moving things but some
people don't know them and don't use them. Unfortunately when talking
about moving and non moving things one can get mixed up. I agree that
the front of the saw is where the belt buckle is cause a saw doesn't
move. OTOH, a auto moves, so the front is the part that "arrives"
first and the right side of the a car assumes the person if facing the
way the car is driven. The right side of a stream also assumes that a
person is facing downstream. Thus the front of a sled is just like
a n auto, first part to arrive (at the saw). You could also talk
about the right side of a sled but that would be asking too much.

Goodonya, Geo.

damnit, now I can't find the front of my house!

We've found an interesting confusion in RV's that ties in with your
theory, though...

Got a mouse in your pocket, son?

Most folks think of the end with the hitch as the front when towing
it, but the side with the door is the front when you're camping...

No, that's just the entrance. The front is still the front, with the
hitch. You don't call the side of the car with the door the front, do
you, silly person? Oy vay.

- Boldly going - * Wondrous Website Design
- nowhere. - * http://www.diversify.com