Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Daniel Grieves

Default Crosscut Sled--What did I do wrong?

Having read so much about how useful a good crosscut sled was, I finally
built myself one this weekend. I followed the basic instructions described
he

http://www.imaging.robarts.ca/~amulder/wood/j.sled/

The base is 3/4 inch birch plywood. The front & back are 2x4 common lumber.
The runners are birch plywood slices, carefully taped to fill the slot and
minimize wiggle. The table seems to slide smoothly and easily over the
blade but when I went to make a few cuts with it (3/4" cherry, not a problem
for my saw usually) the blade bound and wanted to kick the whole thing back
at me.

What was my mistake?
Thanks in advance,
Dan Grieves