C C

Default Q ? on moble bases

Just getting ready to assemble my new Craftsman saw, Model# 00922124000
and put it on a General mobile base. Model # 50-025. How close should the
saw base fit inside the framework of the moble base? As tight as it will
allow or should it fit on the base with some slack between the base rails
and the saw base?

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...cat=Table+Saws

http://store.yahoo.com/toolsplus/g-i50-025.html

Thanks in advance for any information.
CC

Kent

You'll want to leave about 1/2" clearance all around for the hardware
to attach the wheels and levelers. I put small patches of anti-slip
toolbox liner under the machine feet to keep it from shifting on the
base.
C C

"Kent" wrote in message
om...
You'll want to leave about 1/2" clearance all around for the hardware
to attach the wheels and levelers. I put small patches of anti-slip
toolbox liner under the machine feet to keep it from shifting on the
base.

Did your saw stand have adjustable feet with pads or just a bare metal
bottom?
This one comes with adjustable levelers with rubber pads on them.
Thanks
CC

Kent

My TS didn't have adjustable feet. My jointer did, but I actually
removed them when I put it on the mobile base, because it seemed more
solid without the feet.