Chris Melanson

Default thank you Robert

I find the replies to the original post a joke.

All Robert was saying is that there is a sale on and asked a question if any
one knew if they were the same product. No where did I see him condemn LV
for there products. All he did say that if they are the same product that
there is quite a mark up.

Hell if I could sell a widget for $5 to some one and then sell
the same widget for $20 to some one else because they were willing to pay
that much. I sure as hell would be pushing the $20 widget now would you not?
Further more if I bought the $20 widget and found out that I could have
bought the same one for $5. If I had of shopped around I sure would have
appreciated some one letting me know and not jumped down there through with
insults.

I have not posted to this group for quite a while for just this
reason being that of a gang mentality "if one person has something negative
to say you all jump in with something negative".

I for one would like to thank Robert for the heads up and I will
definitely check out Princess Auto's clamps to see if they are a good value
for the money.

I do agree that LV has great products and great service but have
found many of the very same products LV sells at far cheaper prices else
wear.

Chris

RE Quick Transit

"Chris Melanson" wrote in message

I find the replies to the original post a joke.

All Robert was saying is that there is a sale on and asked a question if

any
one knew if they were the same product. No where did I see him condemn LV
for there products. All he did say that if they are the same product that
there is quite a mark up.

Jokes on you. Evidently you did not see anyof Robert's earlier posts
regarding the cost differences between the US and CA for the same item. He
has a hard-on for LV. That is his decision.

You also missed the intent of the derogatory comment about markup that he
directed toRobin. He could has just stopped at posting the web page if he
merely wanted to show a good deal on clamps.

It was a cheap shot. Maybe you don't agree, but who cares? Robert
obviously has had a poor upbringing and should have had a better nanny.

Daniel H

Chris Melanson wrote:
I find the replies to the original post a joke.

[snip]

Chris, you are missing a bit of history. This guy has "expressed" a
strong bias against Lee Valley, and you should take a look to see the
kinds of comments he's been posting. The thread subject is "Americans
seem to be getting a better deal from Lee Valley" but he's set the
X-No-Archive flag on his messages, so you won't find his postings on
google groups; you'll have to find them on your local news server (or
someone could provide you with a copy).

- Daniel

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 01:32:05 GMT, "Chris Melanson"
wrote:

I find the replies to the original post a joke.

Only if you utterly ignore context. Which most of the people on this
NG were smart enough not to do.

Robert has a beef against Lee Valley, a company many of us have dealt
with and like quite a lot. About the only use he makes of this forum
is to snipe at them. It gets real old real quick and not unreasonably
produces resentment on the part of the people who choose to wade
through his bile.

All Robert was saying is that there is a sale on and asked a question if any
one knew if they were the same product.

No, that is clearly not what he was doing.

No where did I see him condemn LV
for there products.

Then you obviously didn't read very closely -- or you have a damned
odd definition of 'condemn LV'. Study up on 'implication'. If you
honestly believe that statement then you're the sort of prize sucker
that both US presidential candidates are so earnestly courting right
now.

All he did say that if they are the same product that
there is quite a mark up.

Implying that Lee Valley was gouging its customers.

Hell if I could sell a widget for $5 to some one and then sell
the same widget for $20 to some one else because they were willing to pay
that much.

If you thought you could buy that $20 widget for $5 you're the sort of
idiot who keeps Harbor Freight in business.

Good Lord! I'd expect anyone with the smarts to read this news group
to be well aware of the fact that the market is flooded with
woodworking tools that look alike but don't perform anything alike.
That's elementary and if you haven't figured it out by now then you're
wasting your money buying cheap crap that will make you work harder
and won't deliver the results you want.

I sure as hell would be pushing the $20 widget now would you not?
Further more if I bought the $20 widget and found out that I could have
bought the same one for $5. If I had of shopped around I sure would have
appreciated some one letting me know and not jumped down there through with
insults.

I have not posted to this group for quite a while for just this
reason being that of a gang mentality "if one person has something negative
to say you all jump in with something negative".

How about "if one person is fed up with a twit, a lot of people are
probably fed up with the same twit"?

I for one would like to thank Robert for the heads up and I will
definitely check out Princess Auto's clamps to see if they are a good value
for the money.

And you will undoubtedly be disappointed -- if you're truly comparing
quality for quality.

snip

Robert is merely an annoying little net troll. You OTOH are positively
irritating.

Double Plonk

--RC

Chris

"You Know Things Are Weird When Arnold Schwartznegger
Is Governor of California, Ronald Reagan Is One Of Our
Most Beloved Ex-Presidents, And John Kerry Is Running
For President On His Vietnam War Record"

Super Volcanoes Gunner Metalworking 1 November 29th 03 01:40 PM
Robert H. Peterson Gas Logs Ralf G. Toennies Home Repair 0 November 26th 03 12:54 AM