Richard Hanley

Default leather handle;

I am restoring a oak tool box and need some sources for leather handles
[ not the flat strap but like a suitcase handle ]. Can anyone help?
thank you Richard
Mark Hopkins

http://www.tandyleather.com/

"Richard Hanley" wrote in message
I am restoring a oak tool box and need some sources for leather handles
[ not the flat strap but like a suitcase handle ]. Can anyone help?
thank you Richard

Upscale

"Richard Hanley" wrote in message
I am restoring a oak tool box and need some sources for leather handles
[ not the flat strap but like a suitcase handle ]. Can anyone help?
thank you Richard

Make your own. Take a strip of 16"x 6" thin leather. Roll it into thin rope
along the long edge. Rivet the ends together to make a loop 8" long. Take a
6" x 6" strip of thin leather and wrap it around the middle of the loop.
Stitch both sides of the 6" strip with waxed linen thread. It's now ready to
attach to a toolbox. If the hardware on the tool box does not allow
attaching after construction, then thread the 16" roll through it first.
This is all easy construction even for someone that isn't into
leatherworking. If you're unsure as to what type of leather to use, then
visit your local shoe repair and buy some scraps from them.

AAvK

I am restoring a oak tool box and need some sources for leather handles
[ not the flat strap but like a suitcase handle ]. Can anyone help?
thank you Richard

Sure, there is Tandy, but I highly recommend this horse butt leather:
This seller's site: http://www.brettunsvillage.com/ The piece I got is
really large, it is thin and super strong and pliable, you can work with it.
It will last you two lifetimes. I will be using both sides for sharpening
strops. VERY fast shipping.

Alex