Fred the Red Shirt

"Dan White" wrote in message et...

Yes, I think it would be literally rampant. Look at the underage drinking
epidemic. Now you've got kids on cocaine acting 10 times more zoned out
than with alcohol, and probably causing serious brain damage in the process.

I think you'll find (or maybe better you won't that one of the problems
with cocaine is that it doesn't "zone out" the user, there is strong
rendency toward aggressive behaviour. Kids on coke are probably more
likely to get into violent confrontations, high speed chases etc, than
on alcohol. But let's not understimate the toxicity of alcohol. Alcohol
does brain damage and acute alcohol poinsoning kills the vicitm just
as dead as acute cocaine poisoning.

--

FF
Dan White

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...
"Dan White" wrote in message

et...

Yes, I think it would be literally rampant. Look at the underage

drinking
epidemic. Now you've got kids on cocaine acting 10 times more zoned out
than with alcohol, and probably causing serious brain damage in the

process.

I think you'll find (or maybe better you won't that one of the problems
with cocaine is that it doesn't "zone out" the user, there is strong
rendency toward aggressive behaviour. Kids on coke are probably more
likely to get into violent confrontations, high speed chases etc, than
on alcohol. But let's not understimate the toxicity of alcohol. Alcohol
does brain damage and acute alcohol poinsoning kills the vicitm just
as dead as acute cocaine poisoning.

Well zoned out was the wrong image to give. I was just trying to be brief.
We all know what alcohol can do, but I think comparing the potential risk of
recreational alcohol use to recreational cocaine use is like comparing
firecrackers to mortar rounds.

dwhite

Dan White

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...
"Dan White" wrote in message

.net...

I snipped all the stuff about Bush lying and flip flopping as much as Kerry.
You're just going to have to get over that Fred. Nobody's really buying it.
Bush out polls Kerry by a mile when it comes to protecting the country.

Contrary to what you seem to think Kerry has not admitted that the
invasion itself was a mistake, he argues that Bush botched the
execution.

"Wrong war, wrong place, wrong time" - John Kerry, says all you need to
know. Please don't bother spinning that statement into something it isn't.

thanks,
dwhite

Dan White

"DamnYankee" wrote in message

To hear their stories would send chills up your spine...it's beyond all
understanding that human beings could do all the things that this regime
had done - it's very Hitler-esque.

So no matter what your opinions are of the war, understand that an evil
man is done raping and murdering - and that will soon meet his maker and
have to answer for all that he's done to his fellow human beings.

Thank God somebody with some insight and common sense is here to put things
in perspective.

dwhite

GregP

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 18:38:11 -0400, DamnYankee
wrote:

You Sir, are *grossly* misinformed.

You, sir, are in fantasy land.

GregP

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:16:58 GMT, Glen wrote:

Maybe I came home at a bad time, '72. I still vividly remember people
calling me baby-killer and shouting other insults as I walked across NY
Port Authority in uniform. While I do not personally blame Kerry for
this, after all, I didn't see him there, I do believe much of his "free
speech" (while still a reservist) helped contribute to this attitude.

Glen

In Buffalo, some of the most extreme anti-war protesters were Vietnam
vets, and that was true in other places as well. And now that the
neocons have rewritten history again, making Kerry rather than
Clinton the Number One Bad Guy during the Viet war, we have
conveniently forgotten that it was Good Republican Businessmen
who wouldn't hire returning vets, and Good Republican veterans
groups who didn't want Viet vets in their units, and Good Upstanding
pentagon bureaucrats who denied that Agent Orange damaged
anyone.
Fred the Red Shirt

"Dan White" wrote in message

.net...

I snipped all the stuff about Bush lying

Because you cannot refute it.

and flip flopping as much as Kerry.....

Interesting that you would write that considering *I* didn't write
anything about Bush or Kerry flip flopping.

Bush out polls Kerry by a mile ...

So is that your new standard for determing truth? Polls?

--

FF
Robert Galloway

Give me examples of veteran's organizations rejecting Viet Nam vets.
Nice cliché' but didn't happen unless you're talking about Kerry types
with long hair and an endless harangue against the US Government and the
US military.

bob g.

GregP wrote:

[...]

Charlie Self

Robert Galloway writes:

Give me examples of veteran's organizations rejecting Viet Nam vets.
Nice cliché' but didn't happen unless you're talking about Kerry types
with long hair and an endless harangue against the US Government and the
US military.

Truism, not cliche. And I'll be a buck you don't see the contradiction in your
statement, do you?
Charlie Self
"Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a
pleasure." Ambrose Bierce

Charlie Self

Fred the Red Shirt responds:

I snipped all the stuff about Bush lying

Because you cannot refute it.

and flip flopping as much as Kerry.....

Interesting that you would write that considering *I* didn't write
anything about Bush or Kerry flip flopping.

Bush out polls Kerry by a mile ...

So is that your new standard for determing truth? Polls?

If so, he needs some new polls. Last I read, it was neck and neck,
unfortunately. WIth a little good fortune (for the U.S.), Kerry will pull ahead
today and win tomorrow.

Charlie Self
"Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a
pleasure." Ambrose Bierce

James T. Kirby

Al Reid wrote:

I suspect that he also reads the US Communist Party's talking points as well.

http://www.cpusa.org

Wow, I didn't even know it still existed. Talk about a lonely place to be.

JK

Dan White

I got rid of cross posting because I don't read those other groups and
prefer to know if someone other than you is misstating my position.

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...

. net...
"Dan White" wrote in message

.net...

I snipped all the stuff about Bush lying

Because you cannot refute it.

Been there and you just don't buy it. I really don't care anymore that you
don't get it. You have your opinion and I believe it to be wrong. Doesn't
mean I am right, but in my opinion from what I know I believe I am.

and flip flopping as much as Kerry.....

Interesting that you would write that considering *I* didn't write
anything about Bush or Kerry flip flopping.

I said that naturally because it is a FACT that Kerry reverses himself on
many issues. If you dispute that then you need help. You said Kerry
doesn't flip flop any more than Bush. It is a fact that Kerry changes
positions and therefore you are saying that Bush does so as well.

Bush out polls Kerry by a mile ...

So is that your new standard for determing truth? Polls?

You snipped the context of that so much that I didn't even think I said it.
You said that Kerry and Bush flip flopped the same amount while we were
discussing foreign policy. I believe that a poll that shows Bush to be far
favored over Kerry on this issue indicates that Bush is more clear and
direct on his positions. Polls don't tell us everything but they are
usually reasonably close.

dwhite

GregP

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:25:19 -0600, Robert Galloway
wrote:

Give me examples of veteran's organizations rejecting Viet Nam vets.
Nice cliché' but didn't happen unless you're talking about Kerry types
with long hair and an endless harangue against the US Government and the
US military.

bob g.

You "proved" it with your post, boychik: that's right, there were
all sorts of Vietnam vets with long hair, a lot of them were black,
and some were against the war. And the old-time vet organizations
had a hard time dealing with them. People like yoiu have very
short-term memories and would much prefer to latch on to a
Rush Limbaugh one-liner to "explain" everything for you: it's
easier on the brain that way.
Charlie Self

Al Reid responds:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , GregP

wrote:
On 31 Oct 2004 14:48:56 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Wars do tend to create jobs, but those jobs are used to make items that

are
what one might call short-term in durability--munitions, armored

vehicles,
unarmored military vehicles, materiel that gets expended in a hurry. And

once
the war is over, the jobs are, too, these days.

You're right, and this is the source of the majority of
the "jobs created" under Bush.

No, it's not. Do you ever read *anything* besides DNC talking points?

--
Regards,

I suspect that he also reads the US Communist Party's talking points as well.

http://www.cpusa.org

--
Al Reid

A government big enough to give you everything you want...
is big enough to take away everything you have."

You know, somewhere, somehow it used to be possible to disagree politically
without that kind of rabid insult. About the only good part of all this
political acrimony is the fact that I'll come out of it without having to read
anything from a series of complete and total assholes.

Charlie Self
"Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a
pleasure." Ambrose Bierce

Al Reid

wrote:

[...]

Anyone who disagrees with you is an asshole? You're too funny, Charlie.

GregP

Al Reid

A government big enough to give you everything you want...
is big enough to take away everything you have."

Fits this administration to a T.
Fletis Humplebacker

"Jim Kirby"
(Doug Miller)
GregP
(Doug Miller)

No, it's not. Do you ever read *anything* besides DNC talking points?

No, I haven't:

I didn't think so. It shows.

Interesting parsing of what was obvious a mis-typed reply. Should we similarly
parse everything that George W says. Oh wait, I forgot - we do. Its a source
of so much frivolity.

That's the "rope a dope" strategery. Works every time.

Fred the Red Shirt

"Dan White" wrote in message . net...

Thank you. I begged off politics here until you responsed to some things I
wrote a pretty long time ago. Unfortunately I won't see your reply. I hope
you made some good points.

No worries, I'll email you...

--

FF

Fred the Red Shirt

Mark & Juanita wrote in message news:1098575906.2633YdARSFGQxLGzeMGUpQ@teranews. ..
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:20:28 -0400, GregP wrote:

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:42:42 GMT, "Dan White"
wrote:

Really? Explain this one away:

http://www.gop.com/News/MultiMedia/V...spx?ID=907&T=3

lol,

What, a GOP site playing a sequence of Bush lies is
supposed to "explain" anything other than the fact
that Bush has more problems with truth than PT Barnum ?
It sure as heck doesn't take much to put one over on
you, does it ?

Wow, how did Bush get Kerry to say all those things? Bush lies in
Kerry's voice?

You don't consider it a lie to present someone's statements out-of-context?

How about laying claim to a statement actually made by one's opponenet--
e.g. the 'trifecta' claim?

--

FF