willshak

Default political shoutdowns

Joe wrote:

Folks, the number of OT political messages on this NG is exceeding
the messages about home repair. Those who want to clutter the NG
with political exchanges should, perhaps, make a NG for that purpose.

In the meantime, could we please get on with what we really came here
for.

Joe

I just killfile the subject line and/or sender for any messages that I
don't want to see, and any new ones that come up.
The NG has been very enjoyable since then.
David Gale

Joe wrote in message ...
Folks, the number of OT political messages on this NG is exceeding
the messages about home repair. Those who want to clutter the NG
with political exchanges should, perhaps, make a NG for that purpose.

In the meantime, could we please get on with what we really came here
for.

*sigh* You're right, and I'm one of the offenders. For that, I apologize.
It's hard for me to back down from a debate, but you're correct that this is
not the place for it.

-David, swearing not to respond to political posts in non-political
newsgroups.

F.H.

David Gale wrote:

Joe wrote in message ...

Folks, the number of OT political messages on this NG is exceeding
the messages about home repair. Those who want to clutter the NG
with political exchanges should, perhaps, make a NG for that purpose.

In the meantime, could we please get on with what we really came here
for.

*sigh* You're right, and I'm one of the offenders. For that, I apologize.
It's hard for me to back down from a debate, but you're correct that this is
not the place for it.

-David, swearing not to respond to political posts in non-political
newsgroups.

Seems to be the case in many news groups. Must be the bumps in the road
for the "joiner not divider" that are making the flock restless.
Perhaps Caligula was not meant to rule.

OT Political tony1158 Woodworking 37 October 28th 04 08:42 PM
OT - Political, Bush service memo questions Jim Stewart Metalworking 53 September 19th 04 04:31 PM
Political Campaign Funding ??? Metalworking 103 August 12th 04 02:30 AM
Metal Question during our Political Slugfest Intermisson Andy Asberry Metalworking 3 April 5th 04 07:38 AM