Mule

Default help identifying my new (to me) Unisaw

Just got back from the auction. Not many people there, so that meant
great savings. Here are the facts I have already:

Plate on the saw says it is a 34-450. Serial # is ep7248. I don't
know if that helps with identification, but thats what it is. The
plate on the motor says it is a 115/230, 1 1/2 HP motor. The model of
the motor is 83-621. Again, not sure if that will help.

Looks to be a solid saw. Bearings are fine. There was no fence, but
from what I have read in back posts, that may be a good thing. Its
got a little surface rust on the top , but otherwise was in good
condition.

Anyone who can help me narrow down years it was produced, and info on
what was good/bad about those specific saws will be openly praised.
Also, what were the most common alterations to it besides the fence
swap? A guess as to how much it would go for?? I'll wait for a
response or 2 before posting actual retail price....

Thanks again!!
David F. Eisan

34-450 = Unisaw.

Never Enough Money

I paid $900 for a 1994 3 HP right tilt Unisaw but got an outfeed
table, a box of blades (including 1 Forrest Woodworker II slightly
used and a Freud dado set), and a side table as part of the bargain.
It's the 240 volt version. I have no idea whether I got a good deal or
not - I figure worrying about it at this point would be useless.

I haven't heard of a 1.5 HP Unisaw so I'm guessing it was prior to
1994.

BTW, you can call Delta and they will tell you everything baed on the
serial number.

My Unisaw Saga DonkeyHody Woodworking 22 March 6th 04 05:41 PM
Delta Unisaw vs Delta Unisaw X5 Joe Nation Woodworking 7 November 26th 03 03:23 AM