Bob Jenkins

Default computer desk design

This seems an odd place to post this, but this is where Google says
this is discussed most.

I think the ideal computer desk design is a drafting board. A 3-foot
wide by 2-foot deep flat inclined surface that you can draw on. This
is just about possible today. You need two projectors, one on each
side, projecting the screen onto the 3'x2' surface. That makes it
harder for your hand to block any part of the display. You need
something to sense the position of the pen. A cordless keyboard
probably helps too. Other than that, it's just a normal drafting
setup.
Bruce Hooke

It sounds to me like you have a VERY different definition of "computer desk"
than I do. To me a "computer desk" is a desk or table on which you put a
personal computer, printer, etc. This is clearly not what you are talking
about, so what the heck ARE you talking about?

This confusion may also be why you ended up on this forum -- because this
would be a good place to discuss building a desk or table on which to put a
PC.

- Bruce

"Bob Jenkins" wrote in message
m...
This seems an odd place to post this, but this is where Google says
this is discussed most.

I think the ideal computer desk design is a drafting board. A 3-foot
wide by 2-foot deep flat inclined surface that you can draw on. This
is just about possible today. You need two projectors, one on each
side, projecting the screen onto the 3'x2' surface. That makes it
harder for your hand to block any part of the display. You need
something to sense the position of the pen. A cordless keyboard
probably helps too. Other than that, it's just a normal drafting
setup.

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On 12 Oct 2004 14:24:30 -0700, Bob Jenkins
wrote:
This seems an odd place to post this, but this is where Google says
this is discussed most.

I think the ideal computer desk design is a drafting board. A 3-foot
wide by 2-foot deep flat inclined surface that you can draw on. This
is just about possible today. You need two projectors, one on each
side, projecting the screen onto the 3'x2' surface. That makes it
harder for your hand to block any part of the display. You need
something to sense the position of the pen. A cordless keyboard
probably helps too. Other than that, it's just a normal drafting
setup.

Sounds more like a monitor stand.

The key to getting a furniture design right is keeping in mind the
functions the furniture has to fulfill. Once you account for the basic
functions you need, everything else is "Creative."

Now, I think that a computer desk should keep my case off the floor,
put my keyboard and mice at a convenient height, and provide a rock
solid platform for two 22" CRT monitors. The fact that I cannot afford
two 22" monitors notwithstanding.

As such, I need a space with sufficient air circulation for the case,
an adjustable keyboard drawer, and a sturdy, stable platform.

What do YOU need your computer desk to do? Hold a digital tablet?
Support an 88-key weighted MIDI keyboard? If you don't use a keyboard
or a mouse, you needn't account for them.

Let us know and we'll make suggestions. heck, you'll likely get links
to pics and plans too.

Anyone use CAD software to design projects? Michael Press Woodworking 118 April 9th 04 02:08 AM
Desk Top suggestion Riley Woodworking 6 March 8th 04 10:30 PM
Cabinet Design Centre v7.0 - Cubit, 20-20 Kitchen Design V6.1,CabinetVision Solid, Planit Millennium II [2 CDs], TurboCAD Pro V9.0 [3 CDs] (Turbocad Pro V9.0, TurboCad Deluxe 9.2 FloorPlan v7.3, TurboProjectExpress v4S), Big Hammer Do It Yourself (De TEL Home Ownership 0 February 6th 04 03:29 PM
Planit Millennium II [2 CDs] new !, and other Kitchen Design 3D programscheap software for fitted kitchen design (¯`·...ø¤°`°¤TEL4 ¤°`°¤....·´¯)tel2003@pathfinder. Woodworking 1 October 6th 03 02:22 PM
Planit Millennium II [2 CDs] new !, and other Kitchen Design 3D programscheap software for fitted kitchen design (¯`·...ø¤°`°¤TEL4 ¤°`°¤....·´¯)tel2003@pathfinder. Woodworking 0 October 6th 03 08:08 AM