U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On 12 Oct 2004 14:24:30 -0700, Bob Jenkins
wrote:
This seems an odd place to post this, but this is where Google says
this is discussed most.

I think the ideal computer desk design is a drafting board. A 3-foot
wide by 2-foot deep flat inclined surface that you can draw on. This
is just about possible today. You need two projectors, one on each
side, projecting the screen onto the 3'x2' surface. That makes it
harder for your hand to block any part of the display. You need
something to sense the position of the pen. A cordless keyboard
probably helps too. Other than that, it's just a normal drafting
setup.

Sounds more like a monitor stand.

The key to getting a furniture design right is keeping in mind the
functions the furniture has to fulfill. Once you account for the basic
functions you need, everything else is "Creative."

Now, I think that a computer desk should keep my case off the floor,
put my keyboard and mice at a convenient height, and provide a rock
solid platform for two 22" CRT monitors. The fact that I cannot afford
two 22" monitors notwithstanding.

As such, I need a space with sufficient air circulation for the case,
an adjustable keyboard drawer, and a sturdy, stable platform.

What do YOU need your computer desk to do? Hold a digital tablet?
Support an 88-key weighted MIDI keyboard? If you don't use a keyboard
or a mouse, you needn't account for them.

Let us know and we'll make suggestions. heck, you'll likely get links
to pics and plans too.