nsum

Default I ran accross this new search engine this morning.

I ran accross this new search engine this morning.

www.cluster.com

Try typing in "free woodworking plans" the results will amaze you.

AAvK

I ran accross this new search engine this morning.
www.cluster.com
Try typing in "free woodworking plans" the results will amaze you.

Worthless set of links and no search engine, people don't bother. It's a joke.
Alex

Swingman

"AAvK" wrote in message

I ran accross this new search engine this morning.
www.cluster.com
Try typing in "free woodworking plans" the results will amaze you.

Worthless set of links and no search engine, people don't bother. It's a

joke.
Alex

http://clusty.com/

Google displays more than ten hits a page, and consistently found more hits
on the queries that I ran as a test. Google is also just as fast, or faster
for the number of hits. They appear to use much the same algorithm for their
searches

I am getting tired of Google's commercial cheap tricks, though. I didn't
have the time to check, but wonder whether Cluster display more that a 1000
hits, which Google apparently doesn't do anymore?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

AAvK

www.cluster.com
http://clusty.com/

Some good points and I am no expert, but this guy posted that top link you see above here...
Alex

Swingman

"AAvK" wrote in message

www.cluster.com
http://clusty.com/

Some good points and I am no expert, but this guy posted that top link you

see above here...
Alex

Yabbut, apparently it was a typo and he later corrected the url ... hmmm,
but maybe he did that just on abpw?

Anyway it was the last url above he was talking about ... not particularly
impressed.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

mac davis

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:48:42 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"AAvK" wrote in message

www.cluster.com
http://clusty.com/

Some good points and I am no expert, but this guy posted that top link you

see above here...
Alex

Yabbut, apparently it was a typo and he later corrected the url ... hmmm,
but maybe he did that just on abpw?

Anyway it was the last url above he was talking about ... not particularly
impressed.

but he didn't say you'd be impressed.. just amazed..
I'm amazed that he thought it was a good search engine!

Mac
LRod

"AAvK" wrote in message

www.cluster.com
http://clusty.com/

Some good points and I am no expert, but this guy posted that top link you

see above here...
Alex

Yabbut, apparently it was a typo and he later corrected the url ... hmmm,
but maybe he did that just on abpw?

Anyway it was the last url above he was talking about ... not particularly
impressed.

but he didn't say you'd be impressed.. just amazed..
I'm amazed that he thought it was a good search engine!

It may just be me but it seemed to me to be search engine spam.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Swingman

"mac davis" wrote in message

but he didn't say you'd be impressed.. just amazed..
I'm amazed that he thought it was a good search engine!

LOL ... Different strokes, I guess. I am amazed that not everyone is voting
for Kinky Freidman for President.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04

Charlie Self

Swingman writes:

"mac davis" wrote in message

but he didn't say you'd be impressed.. just amazed..
I'm amazed that he thought it was a good search engine!

LOL ... Different strokes, I guess. I am amazed that not everyone is voting
for Kinky Freidman for President.

The old Kinkster! Best mystery writer who sings cowboy songs. Best cowboy
singer who writes mysteries. How are he and the Texas Jewboys doing?

Charlie Self
"The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow out
of it." Doris Day
Swingman

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
Swingman writes:

LOL ... Different strokes, I guess. I am amazed that not everyone is

voting
for Kinky Freidman for President.

The old Kinkster! Best mystery writer who sings cowboy songs. Best cowboy
singer who writes mysteries. How are he and the Texas Jewboys doing?

Still recording for Sphincter Records last I heard ... I think The Texas
Jewboys may have broken up, but he's still playing with Little Jewford.

Latest song, IIRC, was "Under the Double Ego".

Besides running for Governor of Texas ... must think it's an easy path
upwards, huh? .. he's one-upping Paul Newman with a Kinky Friedman's Private
Stock Salsa, and even has a coffee blend out that'll whip the snot out of
Starbucks.

http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/

I am still looking for my stash of "Kinky Friedman For President" bumper
stickers, but I think they got lost in the flood. My neighbor, Pearlie, has
one on the back of her pickup, but she won't part with it despite the fact
that I keep telling her it ain't cool in yuppieville ... I've even offered
to switch bumpers with her until after the election.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04

Charlie Self

[...]

Ah, the things we do! His books have actually made me nostalgic for the
Manhattan. Or they've made me yearn to be 25 again, which is about the last
time I lived there full time.

Charlie Self
"The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow out
of it." Doris Day
Rick Cook

Charlie Self wrote:

[...]

Kinky Friedman is truly a multi-talented individual. Now if he was just a
woodworker. . .

(OTOH, can you imagine the kind of projects Kinky would turn out as a woodworker?
Hmm.)

--RC