Hank Gillette

Default DIY Slatwall?

Has anyone made their own slatwall? It looks like it should be
relatively easy to do with the right router bit, and then you get
plywood slatwall for about the same price as the MDF stuff.

--
Hank Gillette

"How come the public can't tell the difference between the war hero and the
former town drunk?" -- Bill Maher
SwampBug

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...05&sku=3D11061

--=20
SwampBug
- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hank Gillette" wrote in message =
Has anyone made their own slatwall? It looks like it should be=20
relatively easy to do with the right router bit, and then you get=20
plywood slatwall for about the same price as the MDF stuff.

--=20
Hank Gillette

"How come the public can't tell the difference between the war hero and =
the
former town drunk?" -- Bill Maher
mp

Has anyone made their own slatwall? It looks like it should be
relatively easy to do with the right router bit, and then you get
plywood slatwall for about the same price as the MDF stuff.

Don't forget to factor in the cost of the router bit and sharpening. MDF is
hard on bits and so is the slotwall cut.

Todd Fatheree

"mp" wrote in message
Has anyone made their own slatwall? It looks like it should be
relatively easy to do with the right router bit, and then you get
plywood slatwall for about the same price as the MDF stuff.

Don't forget to factor in the cost of the router bit and sharpening. MDF

is
hard on bits and so is the slotwall cut.

I have an anti-gloat on this. Back before my wife undertook her current
position in child development, she worked as a construction manager for a
very large construction company. During a rehab of a high-end Chicago
department store, she let them throw tons of slatwall right into the
dumpster. I would have liked to have given it a try.

todd

Unisaw A100

Hank Gillette wrote:
Has anyone made their own slatwall? It looks like it should be
relatively easy to do with the right router bit, and then you get
plywood slatwall for about the same price as the MDF stuff.

Yahbut, the machines to make slatwall weigh somewhere in the
"ton" range (give or take a few) compared to your router
that you can pick up one handed. Believe me on this one,
it's kinda like making your own gravel if you know what I
mean.

UA100

RickS

"Todd Fatheree" wrote...

I have an anti-gloat on this.

You blow.

/rick.

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 03:20:05 -0500, Unisaw A100
wrote:
Hank Gillette wrote:
Has anyone made their own slatwall? It looks like it should be
relatively easy to do with the right router bit, and then you get
plywood slatwall for about the same price as the MDF stuff.

Yahbut, the machines to make slatwall weigh somewhere in the
"ton" range (give or take a few) compared to your router
that you can pick up one handed. Believe me on this one,
it's kinda like making your own gravel if you know what I
mean.

I know Exactly what you mean. Though my wife thought of the job as
"repairing the front stoop" my impression was, "The *deleted* who built
this *deleted* ran untreated wood down to the dirt. I oughta dig a
hole, pour a slab and THEN rebuild this *deleted*"

However "Dig a hole" rapidly became "Turn slate into gravel and thank
God that it's slate and not granite."

wrote:

Hank Gillette wrote:
Has anyone made their own slatwall? It looks like it should be
relatively easy to do with the right router bit, and then you get
plywood slatwall for about the same price as the MDF stuff.

Yahbut, the machines to make slatwall weigh somewhere in the
"ton" range (give or take a few) compared to your router
that you can pick up one handed. Believe me on this one,
it's kinda like making your own gravel if you know what I
mean.

UA100

whaaa? I have some big 'ol rocks and a hammer... them rocks are in the
way and what I really need is some gravel. I think I'm gonna....

Hank Gillette

In article ,
"dan cordes" wrote:

Rockler has the bit for this operation. It's even on sale this week.

Yeah, I've seen the bit. I was just wondering if anyone had actually
used one.