Posted to rec.woodworking

Default bits for a Yankee push drill?

Garrett Wade used to sell them, and still has a page at their website,
but nothing left in stock. Any one else supply them or do I have to
scrounge around ebay for used ones?

Mostly I'm interested in the smaller (and thus more fragile) sizes.

Elijah
------
broke his last 3/32nd recently and has no 1/16ths left
Posted to rec.woodworking

In rec.woodworking, Sonny wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Spare-Bits-Ya.../dp/B004ST1RZ6

I suppose so. The top review when I look at that is "POOR QUALITY: Broke
on first use". It's also a bit assortment, which makes it a very
expensive way to just get smaller bits.

https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Push-.../dp/B005CX7EMW

This is whole drill, at prices that match some bit sets on ebay
(specifically the bit sets that are 8 or more of the same size bit).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kings-Cou...Stan/969022710

Same product as first link, different store.

Elijah
------
usually will not use the push drill for holes 1/8" or larger
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 05:12:36 +0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded
wrote:

Garrett Wade used to sell them, and still has a page at their website,
but nothing left in stock. Any one else supply them or do I have to
scrounge around ebay for used ones?

Mostly I'm interested in the smaller (and thus more fragile) sizes.

Elijah
------
broke his last 3/32nd recently and has no 1/16ths left

I may be showing my Norm here but why use a Yankee drill at all?
Certainly not to just make holes. They're cool tools and all but
actually using them must be some masochistic need to make things the
hard way? ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

In rec.woodworking, wrote:
Eli the Bearded wrote:
broke his last 3/32nd recently and has no 1/16ths left

I may be showing my Norm here but why use a Yankee drill at all?
Certainly not to just make holes. They're cool tools and all but
actually using them must be some masochistic need to make things the
hard way? ;-)

It's long been my tool of choice to pre-drill for small nails when
installing trim or hanging light things on a wood backing. For bigger
holes, I'll prefer a cordless drill.

I broke the last small bit installing baseboard in my wife's shop.
(If I did that sort of thing more often, I'd consider a pneumatic brad
nailer, but I don't already have a compressor.)

Elijah
------
is not so well excercised that extra hard work would hurt

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 19:46:51 +0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded
wrote:

In rec.woodworking, wrote:
Eli the Bearded wrote:
broke his last 3/32nd recently and has no 1/16ths left

I may be showing my Norm here but why use a Yankee drill at all?
Certainly not to just make holes. They're cool tools and all but
actually using them must be some masochistic need to make things the
hard way? ;-)

It's long been my tool of choice to pre-drill for small nails when
installing trim or hanging light things on a wood backing. For bigger
holes, I'll prefer a cordless drill.

I broke the last small bit installing baseboard in my wife's shop.
(If I did that sort of thing more often, I'd consider a pneumatic brad
nailer, but I don't already have a compressor.)

Elijah
------
is not so well excercised that extra hard work would hurt

Get a cordless electric brad nailer
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

In rec.woodworking, wrote:
Eli the Bearded wrote:
broke his last 3/32nd recently and has no 1/16ths left
I may be showing my Norm here but why use a Yankee drill at all?
Certainly not to just make holes. They're cool tools and all but
actually using them must be some masochistic need to make things the
hard way? ;-)

It's long been my tool of choice to pre-drill for small nails when
installing trim or hanging light things on a wood backing. For bigger
holes, I'll prefer a cordless drill.

I broke the last small bit installing baseboard in my wife's shop.
(If I did that sort of thing more often, I'd consider a pneumatic brad
nailer, but I don't already have a compressor.)

Elijah
------
is not so well excercised that extra hard work would hurt

Get a cordless electric brad nailer

Do they work? I've been looking for a stapler. I've bought two,
neither was worth a damn. The reviews on all of them are pretty poor
(wish I'd looked before leaping), am really leery about trying a
third. Twice burned...
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

In rec.woodworking, wrote:
Eli the Bearded wrote:
[...]

I had a corded nailer/stapler. Piece of crap.

My air powered nailers and stapler are a joy to use.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 2:46:55 PM UTC-5, Eli the Bearded wrote:
In rec.woodworking, wrote:
Eli the Bearded wrote:
broke his last 3/32nd recently and has no 1/16ths left

I may be showing my Norm here but why use a Yankee drill at all?
Certainly not to just make holes. They're cool tools and all but
actually using them must be some masochistic need to make things the
hard way? ;-)

It's long been my tool of choice to pre-drill for small nails when
installing trim or hanging light things on a wood backing. For bigger
holes, I'll prefer a cordless drill.

I broke the last small bit installing baseboard in my wife's shop.
(If I did that sort of thing more often, I'd consider a pneumatic brad
nailer, but I don't already have a compressor.)

Have you considered getting a compressor combo kit? Lots of options out
there, for as low as $150.

$200 - $275 if you want a brand name kit.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=compressor+combo+kit

Or just buy a compressor and pick up some air tools on Craigslist,
FB Marketplace and the like.

A compressor is great for more than just air tools. Topping off tires,
blowing dust out of equipment, etc. My 6 gallon unit lives in the garage.
I have a 50 ft hose on a reel and PEX run down to the basement shop.

Being able to grab a nail gun for a quick pop-pop sure is nice.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 3:50:17 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

A compressor is great for more than just air tools.

I bought this one about 5-6 yrs ago, $125 then, for the upholstery shop. Today about $150.... $125 with coupon? Still going strong. Bought another one for the satellite upholstery shop. Plug directly in the wall. Won't work properly using a typical 14g wire extension cord.
https://www.harborfreight.com/air-to...sor-62441.html

Contact Kings County Tools, ask if you can get a bunch of one size only.
https://www.kingscountytools.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

In rec.woodworking, wrote:
Eli the Bearded wrote:
broke his last 3/32nd recently and has no 1/16ths left
I may be showing my Norm here but why use a Yankee drill at all?
Certainly not to just make holes. They're cool tools and all but
actually using them must be some masochistic need to make things the
hard way? ;-)

It's long been my tool of choice to pre-drill for small nails when
installing trim or hanging light things on a wood backing. For bigger
holes, I'll prefer a cordless drill.

I broke the last small bit installing baseboard in my wife's shop.
(If I did that sort of thing more often, I'd consider a pneumatic brad
nailer, but I don't already have a compressor.)

Have you considered getting a compressor combo kit? Lots of options out
there, for as low as $150.

$200 - $275 if you want a brand name kit.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=compressor+combo+kit

I bought this one ten years ago for $100, IIRC. Even though it's a
cheap unit, it works pretty well. I've never had a problem with the
nailers or stapler.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Porter-Cable-6-Gal-150-PSI-Portable-Electric-Air-Compressor-with-16-Gauge-18-Gauge-and-23-Gauge-Nailer-Combo-Kit-3-Tool-PCFP3KIT/312030570
Or just buy a compressor and pick up some air tools on Craigslist,
FB Marketplace and the like.

No point for the small tools. Roofing, siding, or framing nailers,
sure.

A compressor is great for more than just air tools. Topping off tires,
blowing dust out of equipment, etc. My 6 gallon unit lives in the garage.
I have a 50 ft hose on a reel and PEX run down to the basement shop.

I bought one of these last year. It's the slickest little tool I've
seen in a while. I have a bunch of the Ryobi odd tools but this one
is just great. Even my wife uses it.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18-Volt-ONE-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-High-Pressure-Inflator-with-Digital-Gauge-with-2-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-P737D-P163/312166901

Being able to grab a nail gun for a quick pop-pop sure is nice.

I have to get my shop plumbed. It's on my _long_ list of to-dos.
Posted to rec.woodworking

They are available at Garrett Wade, I just verified it, https://garrettwade.com/product/pack...kee-push-drill

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...l-3100594-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message ...

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 05:12:36 +0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded

I may be showing my Norm here but why use a Yankee drill at all?
Certainly not to just make holes. They're cool tools and all but
actually using them must be some masochistic need to make things the
hard way? ;-)

For one thing, they fit in a tool pouch and are very handy while climbing
and working off ladders. I use one when installing signs on rail trails to
drill pilot holes in posts (I predrill and counter sink the signs
themselves). Combined with a regular screw driver, or Yankee screw driver,
yields a compact, light weight, reliable, electron free, way of making holes
and driver fasteners. ...and they are cool. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

In rec.woodworking,
Craig wrote:
They are available at Garrett Wade, I just verified it,
https://garrettwade.com/product/pack...kee-push-drill

There is a page a Garrett Wade. It shows up in the "clearance" section.
I am unable to put bits in the shopping cart. (I can put other things in
the shopping cart.) You can hit the + button next to a size and it
increases a number, but there's not an "Add to cart" button. It's a
terrible interface. I thought I had them till I went to checkout.

Elijah
------
was not impressed

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Eli the Bearded" wrote in message ...

There is a page a Garrett Wade. It shows up in the "clearance" section.
I am unable to put bits in the shopping cart. (I can put other things in
the shopping cart.) You can hit the + button next to a size and it
increases a number, but there's not an "Add to cart" button. It's a
terrible interface. I thought I had them till I went to checkout.

That is odd... when I went to the site there is an Add to Cart button on the
page below the list of bits. It works. Did you scroll down?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Eli the Bearded" wrote in message ...

There is also an 8 bit set listed on
https://garrettwade.com/product/garrett-wade-push-drill

Currently out of stock... but provides and option of acquiring the larger
bits or a complete set. I have a full set for my Stanley push drill that
was a combination of the Stanley's bits and bits from my Yankee push drill.
The Stanley is in much nicer condition so that is the one I choose to make
whole. I'll get another set for the Yankee when they are available.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In rec.woodworking,
John Grossbohlin wrote:
"Eli the Bearded" wrote in message ...
There is a page a Garrett Wade. It shows up in the "clearance" section.
I am unable to put bits in the shopping cart. (I can put other things in
the shopping cart.) You can hit the + button next to a size and it
increases a number, but there's not an "Add to cart" button. It's a
terrible interface. I thought I had them till I went to checkout.

That is odd... when I went to the site there is an Add to Cart button on the
page below the list of bits. It works. Did you scroll down?

Yes, and tested adding other things to the cart. All before posting about
wanting bits.

I did manage websites for money for a while, so I have some idea how
things can break or be hard to use. This one definitely fails to work
as intended.

Elijah
------
is happily not managing websites any more
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default electric brad nailers was bits for a Yankee push drill?

on Thu, 25 Feb 2021 15:18:37 -0500 typed in
rec.woodworking the following:

It's long been my tool of choice to pre-drill for small nails when
installing trim or hanging light things on a wood backing. For bigger
holes, I'll prefer a cordless drill.

I broke the last small bit installing baseboard in my wife's shop.
(If I did that sort of thing more often, I'd consider a pneumatic brad
nailer, but I don't already have a compressor.)

Elijah
------
is not so well excercised that extra hard work would hurt

Get a cordless electric brad nailer

Do they work? I've been looking for a stapler. I've bought two,
neither was worth a damn. The reviews on all of them are pretty poor
(wish I'd looked before leaping), am really leery about trying a
third. Twice burned...

Main issue with them I have found is that most don't have the
"heft" to hold still when you drive a brad / staple. That is, while
they are pushing the nail _in_, they are also pushing the nailer
_out". If you hold it in, sort of lean on it, they'll do better.
Otherwise, I use it as a "nail starter" which will get the panel
held to the wall, and then I can go back and drive the brad all the
way flush. Beats trying to hold the panel and the nail and the
hammer.
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In rec.woodworking,
John Grossbohlin wrote:
"Eli the Bearded" wrote in message ...
There is a page a Garrett Wade. It shows up in the "clearance" section.
I am unable to put bits in the shopping cart. (I can put other things in
the shopping cart.) You can hit the + button next to a size and it
increases a number, but there's not an "Add to cart" button. It's a
terrible interface. I thought I had them till I went to checkout.

That is odd... when I went to the site there is an Add to Cart button on the
page below the list of bits. It works. Did you scroll down?

Prompted by this, I tried on my phone and it works there, just not on my
desktop. I'll buy the bits there, that way, but yikes.

And I happened to notice while visiting the site on my phone that
Garrett Wade shows an address of Main St, Brooklyn. That rang a bell
with me, and I compared. Kings County Tools, also mentioned in this
thread and Garrett Wade have the same street address. So the bits are
likely the same, even though Kings County Tools only sells assorted size
multipacks and Garrett Wade only sells single size multipacks.

Elijah
------
grew up in Queens and remembers that the Borough of Brooklyn is Kings County

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 5:27:48 PM UTC-5, Eli the Bearded wrote:

grew up in Queens and remembers that the Borough of Brooklyn is Kings County

Where in Queens?

I grew up in Flushing, across the street from what used to be the open fields
of Queens College.

I lived in the row houses at the bottom of this picture, the house with the blue roof.
The area with the square around it was always part of Queens College, but was open
field, originally without any fences. Football, frisbee and shagging long fly balls was
how we spent our time. Even when they fenced it in, we cut through it so many times
they gave up fixing it. We were neat about it, you couldn't even see the opening unless
you knew where it was. When we first moved in, Reeves Ave was one step above a
dirt road. My "time to leave" clock started ticking when they widened the road and
painted the yellow line.

https://i.imgur.com/t1TRWyq.jpg

Queens College was the anchor of an educational complex. The yellow line in this
picture one long sidewalk. Within that boundary you can go from Kindergarten
to Junior High School to High School and all the way to a PhD without ever leaving
the block.

https://i.imgur.com/xWVtE59.jpg

I grew up looking at and playing in the green fields, a rarity for most kids in NYC.
For the current occupants of my old house, this is the view from their living room
window:

https://i.imgur.com/Ea9Ns5q.jpg
Posted to rec.woodworking

In rec.woodworking, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 5:27:48 PM UTC-5, Eli the Bearded wrote:
grew up in Queens and remembers that the Borough of Brooklyn is Kings County

Where in Queens?

Little Neck. The house had a huge yard. My mom was living there until
2002 or so. She sold it to a neighbor to move somewhere with less
upkeep. Since then the house has been demolished and replaced with a
McMansion. I've been back to look at it only once. There's no real yard
left and it's the biggest building on the block.

I grew up in Flushing, across the street from what used to be the open fields
of Queens College.

I know Flushing well. My father grew up there and my sister now lives in
my grandparent's home. Flushing sure has changed a lot.

My "time to leave" clock started ticking when they widened the road and
painted the yellow line.

My father's father lived in a house he built in the Bronx, then it
passed to my father's aunt, and then my parents lived there until I was
five. But the Bronx, well, it changed a lot after WWII. The house is
still there, but the area around it has changed a lot from even my
memories of the area. The small place next door, where a guy kept his
pet pigeons in a cage on the roof has been torn down for a multiplex.
The three car garage I remember is gone.

And the neighborhood, while it's been worse, probably still isn't even
back up to what it was when I left.

Elijah
------
now living in the house his wife grew up in
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 8:44:23 PM UTC-5, Eli the Bearded wrote:
In rec.woodworking, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 5:27:48 PM UTC-5, Eli the Bearded wrote:
grew up in Queens and remembers that the Borough of Brooklyn is Kings County

Where in Queens?

Little Neck. The house had a huge yard. My mom was living there until
2002 or so. She sold it to a neighbor to move somewhere with less
upkeep. Since then the house has been demolished and replaced with a
McMansion. I've been back to look at it only once. There's no real yard
left and it's the biggest building on the block.

Maybe we've crossed paths.

I used to ride my homemade bike on the service road of the LIE trying to
see how fast I could make it to Douglaston Plaza. As you know, the service
road (Horace Harding Expy) wasn't exactly a quiet country road, even back
in 60's. Dodging cars, double parked trucks and running red lights to make
time really got the heart pumping.

I grew up in Flushing, across the street from what used to be the open fields
of Queens College.

I know Flushing well. My father grew up there and my sister now lives in
my grandparent's home. Flushing sure has changed a lot.

Holy crap, you ain't kidding. From Wikipedia:

"There are multiple Chinatowns in the borough of Queens in New York City.
The original Queens Chinatown emerged in Flushing, initially as a satellite
of the original Manhattan Chinatown, before evolving its own identity,
surpassing in scale the original Manhattan Chinatown and subsequently,
in turn, spawning its own satellite Chinatowns in Elmhurst, Corona, and
eastern Queens."

I used to work/hang in downtown Flushing (Main and Roosevelt) which
was already shifting in an Asian direction in the early 70's. Gangs were a
problem. I've still got a scar from the belt buckle that broke my nose on
one particularly rowdy Friday night. That was quite the evening.

My "time to leave" clock started ticking when they widened the road and
painted the yellow line.

My father's father lived in a house he built in the Bronx, then it
passed to my father's aunt, and then my parents lived there until I was
five. But the Bronx, well, it changed a lot after WWII. The house is
still there, but the area around it has changed a lot from even my
memories of the area. The small place next door, where a guy kept his
pet pigeons in a cage on the roof has been torn down for a multiplex.
The three car garage I remember is gone.

And the neighborhood, while it's been worse, probably still isn't even
back up to what it was when I left.

The house I lived in was about 1200 sq ft. When my dad sold it in the early
80's, a Chinese family moved in. Mom, Dad, the son and daughter lived
on the first floor. Grandma and Grandpa moved into the 2nd floor. The future
son-in-law moved into my basement bedroom until the wedding, after which
the daughter moved down there with him. That type of thing was (and still is)
happening all over Queens.

Some things, however, apparently haven't changed - not since 1944, at least.
Many a hot summer's night included a trip to the Lemon Ice King of Corona.
Looks like it's still going strong.

https://tinyurl.com/LemonIceKing

DerbyDad
----
living a much calmer life, less than a mile from the shores of Lake Ontario

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 10:57:48 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

wrote in message ...

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 05:12:36 +0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded

I may be showing my Norm here but why use a Yankee drill at all?
Certainly not to just make holes. They're cool tools and all but
actually using them must be some masochistic need to make things the
hard way? ;-)

For one thing, they fit in a tool pouch and are very handy while climbing
and working off ladders. I use one when installing signs on rail trails to
drill pilot holes in posts (I predrill and counter sink the signs
themselves). Combined with a regular screw driver, or Yankee screw driver,
yields a compact, light weight, reliable, electron free, way of making holes
and driver fasteners. ...and they are cool. ;~)

That's why they make belt clips. Are you afraid of Earth running out
of electrons? Sure, there are only so many...

They are cool. Long ago, someone was thinking. Far more interesting
than the egg beaters.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 14:15:59 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]

Generally they work pretty good in softwood - some not so good in
hardwood. The Milwaukee M18 Fuel 18 guage unit gets good reviews.Or
spend Festool - like prices and buy a Paslode - which uses a butane
canister and the battery just controls and ignites the fuel. Dewalt,
Bostich, and poeter cable use a spinning flywheel. Get one with a
fry-fire lockout that stops the unit from firing when you run out of
nails so you don't continue dimpling your wood blissfully
accomplishing nothing. I don't own one but several friends do and they
love them for trim work and "fixturing" when gluing

Posted to rec.woodworking

In rec.woodworking, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Holy crap, you ain't kidding. From Wikipedia:

"There are multiple Chinatowns in the borough of Queens in New York
City. The original Queens Chinatown emerged in Flushing, initially as
a satellite of the original Manhattan Chinatown, before evolving its
own identity, surpassing in scale the original Manhattan Chinatown and
subsequently, in turn, spawning its own satellite Chinatowns in
Elmhurst, Corona, and eastern Queens."

My sister lovrs the Chinese restaurants, so it works for her.

I used to work/hang in downtown Flushing (Main and Roosevelt) which

I remember when the Woolworth's there closed. Never really a great
store, but one I visited many times.

Many a hot summer's night included a trip to the Lemon Ice King of
Corona. Looks like it's still going strong.

I think I was last there about three years ago. I can't find Italian
ices in California. Just one of many things so common in New York that
you miss when you leave.

Elijah
------
also kaiser rolls
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 1:29:41 AM UTC-5, Eli the Bearded wrote:
In rec.woodworking, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Holy crap, you ain't kidding. From Wikipedia:

"There are multiple Chinatowns in the borough of Queens in New York
City. The original Queens Chinatown emerged in Flushing, initially as
a satellite of the original Manhattan Chinatown, before evolving its
own identity, surpassing in scale the original Manhattan Chinatown and
subsequently, in turn, spawning its own satellite Chinatowns in
Elmhurst, Corona, and eastern Queens."

My sister lovrs the Chinese restaurants, so it works for her.

We used to go to the back alley, basement Chinese restaurants in
the original Manhattan Chinatown. Real dives but the best Chinese
food made for real Chinese people. Ahh...that big giant bowl of
sizzling rice soup served family style.

I used to work/hang in downtown Flushing (Main and Roosevelt) which

I remember when the Woolworth's there closed. Never really a great
store, but one I visited many times.
Many a hot summer's night included a trip to the Lemon Ice King of
Corona. Looks like it's still going strong.

I think I was last there about three years ago. I can't find Italian
ices in California. Just one of many things so common in New York that
you miss when you leave.

Elijah
------
also kaiser rolls

The only real bagel is a NYC bagel.

I worked in a small shop that made hand made bagels. 2 brothers and me.

I'd arrive at 3 AM and start loading hot bagels from coffin sized bins into paper
bags that held 5 dozen each. Then I'd load up a big ole station wagon from stem
to stern, top to bottom and deliver bagels to grocery stores and deli's in all 5 boroughs.
The classic "leave the baked goods outside the door before they opened" scenario.

The Brooklyn cops stayed in Brooklyn and the Staten Island cops stayed in Staten
Island. That meant pedal to the metal on the 2 mile stretch of the Verrazzano-Narrows
Bridge. I topped 100 MPH more than once.

DerbyDad
-----
also dirty water hot dogs
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

For one thing, they fit in a tool pouch and are very handy while climbing
and working off ladders. I use one when installing signs on rail trails to
drill pilot holes in posts (I predrill and counter sink the signs
themselves). Combined with a regular screw driver, or Yankee screw driver,
yields a compact, light weight, reliable, electron free, way of making
holes
and driver fasteners. ...and they are cool. ;~)

That's why they make belt clips. Are you afraid of Earth running out
of electrons? Sure, there are only so many...

Running out of electrons when I need them... yes.

Ever been miles from the nearest road carrying all your tools with you?
Light and reliable rules!

They are cool. Long ago, someone was thinking. Far more interesting
than the egg beaters.

I've got egg beaters and braces too. There are times where they make a lot
of sense... I've got power drills, hammer drills, drywall drivers and a
drill press too.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Eli the Bearded" wrote in message ...

And I happened to notice while visiting the site on my phone that
Garrett Wade shows an address of Main St, Brooklyn. That rang a bell
with me, and I compared. Kings County Tools, also mentioned in this
thread and Garrett Wade have the same street address. So the bits are
likely the same, even though Kings County Tools only sells assorted size
multipacks and Garrett Wade only sells single size multipacks.

On the Garrett Wade page for the push drills they list the packs with all
the available sizes. Currently out of stock so I signed up for a notice when
they are in stock. I need another set of bits... I've got a full set in my
Stanley push drill handle but need a set for the Yankee.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Every time I use my drill press to hang drywall, the screws break the paper.

I think I need one more pulley on the speed stack.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Funny. I break my back.

I think I need one more pulley on the speed stack.

You don't have electronically variable speed?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 9:52:12 PM UTC-5, John Grossbohlin wrote:

I've got egg beaters and braces too. There are times where they make a
lot
of sense... I've got power drills, hammer drills, drywall drivers and a
drill press too.

Every time I use my drill press to hang drywall, the screws break the
paper.

I think I need one more pulley on the speed stack.

....might be easier to set the depth stop. ;~)