Posted to rec.woodworking
Eli the Bearded Eli the Bearded is offline

Default bits for a Yankee push drill?

In rec.woodworking, wrote:
Eli the Bearded wrote:
broke his last 3/32nd recently and has no 1/16ths left

I may be showing my Norm here but why use a Yankee drill at all?
Certainly not to just make holes. They're cool tools and all but
actually using them must be some masochistic need to make things the
hard way? ;-)

It's long been my tool of choice to pre-drill for small nails when
installing trim or hanging light things on a wood backing. For bigger
holes, I'll prefer a cordless drill.

I broke the last small bit installing baseboard in my wife's shop.
(If I did that sort of thing more often, I'd consider a pneumatic brad
nailer, but I don't already have a compressor.)

Elijah
------
is not so well excercised that extra hard work would hurt