Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Local Texas Hill Country Young Woman Doing Well

A few years back I mentioned a yogrn woman, late 20's, that had a pretty
good YouTube channel. She started out really basic and was showing her
little DIY shop in her home.

Simple projects like the stuff we all built to organize our shops and so on.

Then she expanded into her garage, and shortly after, left her job in
the oil and gas industry and pretty much went full YouTube. IIRC her
husband is an engineer.

Moving on from there she build a huge shop in the hill country, half
wood working, half metal working. She had help but she participated in
the whole build and explained everything. Any one of us would be
envious of that shop.

From there she found an old build in the area, bought it and started
selling her crafts from there. Now she has a full production shop with
employees working from that location.

This young woman is to be admired. She will tackle nearly any project
big or small. I especially admire the huge tree house deck that she and
friends built near the new retail shop location. It is totally
supported by what appears to be mesquite and or oak trees. It is about
8' off the ground and is several hundred square feet with pretty much
NO straight edges. To top that off a curved staircase that leads to the
top of the deck.

Soooo, fast forward a few months.
She is now involved with a Tim Allen and his new reality show, Some
Assembly Required. Contestants will compete with building things.
SHE is actually working along side Tim Allen and Richard Karn from the
old Home Improvement show. They need an advisor and picked her. Or
they needed some of that female ingredient in the mix.

Good for you April!

https://www.countryliving.com/life/e...red-show-2021/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2yrdwEHs2g

She really puts on a good DIY YouTube channel.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 1:19:13 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
A few years back I mentioned a yogrn woman, late 20's, that had a pretty
good YouTube channel. She started out really basic and was showing her
little DIY shop in her home.

Simple projects like the stuff we all built to organize our shops and so on.

Then she expanded into her garage, and shortly after, left her job in
the oil and gas industry and pretty much went full YouTube. IIRC her
husband is an engineer.

Moving on from there she build a huge shop in the hill country, half
wood working, half metal working. She had help but she participated in
the whole build and explained everything. Any one of us would be
envious of that shop.

From there she found an old build in the area, bought it and started
[...]

I've been following April for a few years. OK, I guess that sounds mildly strange. ;-)

She has a website as well as a youtube channel.

Wilker Dos https://wilkerdos.com/

While I haven't specifically built any of her projects, I have stolen an idea here or there.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/24/2021 5:34 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 1:19:13 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
A few years back I mentioned a yogrn woman, late 20's, that had a pretty
good YouTube channel. She started out really basic and was showing her
little DIY shop in her home.

Simple projects like the stuff we all built to organize our shops and so on.

Then she expanded into her garage, and shortly after, left her job in
the oil and gas industry and pretty much went full YouTube. IIRC her
husband is an engineer.

Moving on from there she build a huge shop in the hill country, half
wood working, half metal working. She had help but she participated in
the whole build and explained everything. Any one of us would be
envious of that shop.

From there she found an old build in the area, bought it and started
[...]

Yes! She has some good ideas.