Old November 25th 20, 07:41 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT mystery tool

I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

John T.

Old November 25th 20, 07:42 PM posted to rec.woodworking

In rec.woodworking, wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

Looks like just the thing to pull wire or rope through a long thin
crevice. With the offset on the handle, probably a crevice underneath
something. Like if you wanted to fish the power cord of a fridge out
to the front underneath the appliance (instead of along the side, or
just plugging it in behind).

A rather specialized task, but I'm sure someone has needed to do it
before.

Elijah
------
probably good for spanking people, too
Old November 25th 20, 07:47 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/25/2020 1:41 PM, wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

John T.

That's an easy one. It is used for colonoscopy.
Old November 25th 20, 07:53 PM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

John T.

Believe it is to slide under a shingle to grab the nail to remove it.
For removing a single shingle.

--
G Ross
Old November 25th 20, 07:56 PM posted to rec.woodworking

G Ross wrote:
wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

John T.

Believe it is to slide under a shingle to grab the nail to remove it.
For removing a single shingle.

See:
https://www.roofingdirect.com/shop/a...CABEgI8cvD_BwE

--
G Ross

Old November 25th 20, 07:56 PM posted to rec.woodworking

It's for roofers, to remove nails from under shingles by cutting them.
You can hammer on the bent part of the handle if needed.
Old November 25th 20, 08:17 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 13:56:52 -0500, G Ross wrote:

G Ross wrote:
wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

John T.

Believe it is to slide under a shingle to grab the nail to remove it.
For removing a single shingle.

How-To link for the mystery tool :

https://www.wonkeedonkeetools.co.uk/...later-s-ripper

Also - 2 lots of rough cut cherry at the same auction :

https://filsonauction.hibid.com/lot/...q=&ref=catalog

https://filsonauction.hibid.com/lot/...q=&ref=catalog

The auction is in Delaware ... Ontario Canada :-)

John T.

Old November 25th 20, 09:39 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/25/2020 12:53 PM, G Ross wrote:
wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool¬*¬* -¬*¬* I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label.¬* I'm guessing that it's about¬* 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

¬*¬*¬* John T.

Believe it is to slide under a shingle to grab the nail to remove it.
For removing a single shingle.

Yup! A cedar shingle nail remover for replacing broken shingles.
Old November 25th 20, 09:45 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Variation on a theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFl25HgCLGA