DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT mystery tool (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/682581-ot-mystery-tool.html)

[email protected] November 25th 20 06:41 PM

OT mystery tool

I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

John T.

Eli the Bearded November 25th 20 06:42 PM

OT mystery tool

In rec.woodworking, wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

Looks like just the thing to pull wire or rope through a long thin
crevice. With the offset on the handle, probably a crevice underneath
something. Like if you wanted to fish the power cord of a fridge out
to the front underneath the appliance (instead of along the side, or
just plugging it in behind).

A rather specialized task, but I'm sure someone has needed to do it
before.

Elijah
------
probably good for spanking people, too

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] November 25th 20 06:47 PM

OT mystery tool

On 11/25/2020 1:41 PM, wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

John T.

That's an easy one. It is used for colonoscopy.

G Ross[_2_] November 25th 20 06:53 PM

OT mystery tool

wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

John T.

Believe it is to slide under a shingle to grab the nail to remove it.
For removing a single shingle.

--
G Ross

G Ross[_2_] November 25th 20 06:56 PM

OT mystery tool

G Ross wrote:
wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

John T.

Believe it is to slide under a shingle to grab the nail to remove it.
For removing a single shingle.

See:
https://www.roofingdirect.com/shop/a...CABEgI8cvD_BwE

--
G Ross

DJ Delorie November 25th 20 06:56 PM

OT mystery tool

It's for roofers, to remove nails from under shingles by cutting them.
You can hammer on the bent part of the handle if needed.

[email protected] November 25th 20 07:17 PM

OT mystery tool

On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 13:56:52 -0500, G Ross wrote:

G Ross wrote:
wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

John T.

Believe it is to slide under a shingle to grab the nail to remove it.
For removing a single shingle.

How-To link for the mystery tool :

https://www.wonkeedonkeetools.co.uk/...later-s-ripper

Also - 2 lots of rough cut cherry at the same auction :

https://filsonauction.hibid.com/lot/...q=&ref=catalog

https://filsonauction.hibid.com/lot/...q=&ref=catalog

The auction is in Delaware ... Ontario Canada :-)

John T.

Leon[_7_] November 25th 20 08:39 PM

OT mystery tool

On 11/25/2020 12:53 PM, G Ross wrote:
wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd toolÂ*Â* -Â*Â* I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label.Â* I'm guessing that it's aboutÂ* 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

Â*Â*Â* John T.

Believe it is to slide under a shingle to grab the nail to remove it.
For removing a single shingle.

Yup! A cedar shingle nail remover for replacing broken shingles.

Spalted Walt November 25th 20 08:45 PM

OT mystery tool

Variation on a theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFl25HgCLGA

Leon[_7_] November 26th 20 01:58 PM

OT mystery tool

On 11/25/2020 12:47 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/25/2020 1:41 PM, wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd toolÂ*Â* -Â*Â* I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label.Â* I'm guessing that it's aboutÂ* 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

Â*Â*Â* John T.

That's an easy one.Â* It is used for colonoscopy.

That is nasty!

Ian James[_4_] November 29th 20 04:56 PM

OT mystery tool

On 25/11/2020 18:41, wrote:
I was browsing the auction sales and noticed an
odd tool - I photo-shopped the pic to remove the
label. I'm guessing that it's about 2 feet long.

https://imgur.com/a/TPFLhtD

John T.

Slater's (roofer's?) ripper

https://www.avg.com