Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 6" Craftsman Jointer

Dear Woodworking Group__
My father purchased a Craftsman 113 table saw and a 103 6" Jointer in the 50s. I have both. I semi restored the table saw although I need a blade guard if anyone has one in any shape, I'm interested.
The Jointer I recently inspected and the motor fired right up. It has a start capacitor on the bottom enclosed inside a rectangular paper box. Never seen this before but the motor runs great. The jointer is in good condition but looks like the blades need sharpening or replacing. I see guys say the blades can be bought. Can someone let me know where I can buy new blades? They are 6 and 1/8th inch I think.
I just ordered a new motor pulley for it.

Thank you and glad I found this group.

Laurent (email to )
Bergheim, TX
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/23/2020 7:43 AM, Laurent Perron wrote:
Dear Woodworking Group__
My father purchased a Craftsman 113 table saw and a 103 6" Jointer in the 50s. I have both. I semi restored the table saw although I need a blade guard if anyone has one in any shape, I'm interested.
The Jointer I recently inspected and the motor fired right up. It has a start capacitor on the bottom enclosed inside a rectangular paper box. Never seen this before but the motor runs great. The jointer is in good condition but looks like the blades need sharpening or replacing. I see guys say the blades can be bought. Can someone let me know where I can buy new blades? They are 6 and 1/8th inch I think.
I just ordered a new motor pulley for it.

Thank you and glad I found this group.

Laurent (email to )
Bergheim, TX

You might look at Infinity tools. IIRC they can or did offer custom sizes.

Good luck on the blade guard, most everyone throws theirs away.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Laurent Perron wrote in
:

Dear Woodworking Group__
My father purchased a Craftsman 113 table saw and a 103 6" Jointer in
the 50s. I have both. I semi restored the table saw although I need
a blade guard if anyone has one in any shape, I'm interested. The
Jointer I recently inspected and the motor fired right up. It has a
start capacitor on the bottom enclosed inside a rectangular paper box.
Never seen this before but the motor runs great. The jointer is in
good condition but looks like the blades need sharpening or replacing.
I see guys say the blades can be bought. Can someone let me know
where I can buy new blades? They are 6 and 1/8th inch I think. I just
ordered a new motor pulley for it.

Thank you and glad I found this group.

Laurent (email to )
Bergheim, TX

That sounds like a fairly standard size, so you should be able to find
them at the usual places. Woodcraft maybe, or even look at what Ridgid
has for their jointers. Sometimes tools use the same size parts even
though they're made by other companies. Amazon and eBay are good places
to look too.

If you don't have any luck, I've got a set of three sharp ones that I can
measure and verify they're the right size and sell to you. It'll just
take a bit for me to actually get to them.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 7:34:14 PM UTC-5, Puckdropper wrote:
Can someone let me know where I can buy new blades? They are 6 and 1/8th inch I think.

That sounds like a fairly standard size, so you should be able to find
them at the usual places. Woodcraft maybe, or even look at what Ridgid
has for their jointers. Sometimes tools use the same size parts even
though they're made by other companies. Amazon and eBay are good places
to look too.

Puckdropper

Yep, I think pretty standard. The width is also important.
https://www.infinitytools.com/high-s...jointer-knives
https://www.amanatool.com/products/p...ives-sets.html

A 1950s vintage Rockwell 6", head only, no cabinet or motor, was given to me 2-3 yrs ago. Good bit of rust, but all seems well with it. It needs cleaning & restoring. I've asked someone in the know of motor specs for this jointer. I'll buy a new motor for it. Should make a good gift for someone.

Sonny