Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default 6" Craftsman Jointer

Laurent Perron wrote in
:

Dear Woodworking Group__
My father purchased a Craftsman 113 table saw and a 103 6" Jointer in
the 50s. I have both. I semi restored the table saw although I need
a blade guard if anyone has one in any shape, I'm interested. The
Jointer I recently inspected and the motor fired right up. It has a
start capacitor on the bottom enclosed inside a rectangular paper box.
Never seen this before but the motor runs great. The jointer is in
good condition but looks like the blades need sharpening or replacing.
I see guys say the blades can be bought. Can someone let me know
where I can buy new blades? They are 6 and 1/8th inch I think. I just
ordered a new motor pulley for it.

Thank you and glad I found this group.

Laurent (email to )
Bergheim, TX

That sounds like a fairly standard size, so you should be able to find
them at the usual places. Woodcraft maybe, or even look at what Ridgid
has for their jointers. Sometimes tools use the same size parts even
though they're made by other companies. Amazon and eBay are good places
to look too.

If you don't have any luck, I've got a set of three sharp ones that I can
measure and verify they're the right size and sell to you. It'll just
take a bit for me to actually get to them.

Puckdropper