Frosty Thunder

Default 4 in One Woodmaster

Does anyone know about this machine or even better do you have one. What
are the pro's and con's? I am looking at a 25" but need some confidence to
be sold on it. Appreciate any input.

Thanks
George

David Zaret

i have a woodmaster 18" - i routinely use it for drum sanding, planing,
making moulding. haven't used it yet as a gang rip saw yet but i'm sure
it'll work great. it's a very solid machine.

the 25" is a HEAVY beast and has a 7.5HP single phase motor - so make
sure you can power it.

i have only good things to say about my woodmaster, it was well worth
every penny and has already paid for itself easily.

--- dz

Frosty Thunder wrote:
Does anyone know about this machine or even better do you have one. What
are the pro's and con's? I am looking at a 25" but need some confidence to
be sold on it. Appreciate any input.

Thanks
George

David Zaret

because of the quality of the machine as a planer, i now only go for
rough-sawn wood. i have stacks of it in my shop, and just tonight i
took five 10' boards down from rough sawn to 7/8", clean as can be. i
can feed a 10' thick hard maple board (60 lbs? 80?) in, it hangs off
the end of the machine, the machine sucks it in and doesn't budge. it's
heavy and solid. the planer head itself is solid steel, must weight 75
lbs. they have a knife exchange program which makes it simple to keep
sharp knives in the thing.

the infinitely variable feed speed is super helpful - if i start to
detect or hear any chipout, i can dial it down and stop the damage.

--- dz

Bob Heveri wrote:

I use it for the drum sander and occasionally for the planer when i have
largers projects. Think it is well worth the money and is a very well made
machine.

Bob Heveri
"Frosty Thunder" wrote in message

Does anyone know about this machine or even better do you have one. What
are the pro's and con's? I am looking at a 25" but need some confidence

be sold on it. Appreciate any input.

Thanks
George

Charlie Self

David Zaret wrote:

because of the quality of the machine as a planer, i now only go for
rough-sawn wood. i have stacks of it in my shop, and just tonight i
took five 10' boards down from rough sawn to 7/8", clean as can be. i
can feed a 10' thick hard maple board (60 lbs? 80?) in, it hangs off

Prolly not a good wish. 10' thick would be one helluva resaw.

Charlie Self
"A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers." H. L. Mencken

Jon Endres, PE

Your comments and many others like it have prompted me to save my money a
bit more determinedly for one. I sold my Delta lunchbox planer last fall,
and am aiming for a Woodmaster 718 to replace it.

Jon E
- out of lurk for a moment

Bob Heveri wrote:

I use it for the drum sander and occasionally for the planer when i have
largers projects. Think it is well worth the money and is a very well

made
machine.

Bob Heveri
"Frosty Thunder" wrote in message

Does anyone know about this machine or even better do you have one.

What
are the pro's and con's? I am looking at a 25" but need some confidence

be sold on it. Appreciate any input.

Thanks
George

mike

"Frosty Thunder" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know about this machine or even better do you have one. What
are the pro's and con's? I am looking at a 25" but need some confidence to
be sold on it. Appreciate any input.

Thanks
George

I have worked in a shop that had two of the 25" models. By far the
best combination machine I have seen. I did not get a chance to use it
much myself, except for planing rough stock.All the features on these
machines live up to their hype.One of these days I will sell my
planer-molder ( 13" jet ) and buy the 18" model.
mike