David Zaret

sorry - i have no boards that are 10' thick. 10' long, 12" wide, 1.5"
thick or so.

don't i wish.

David Zaret wrote:

because of the quality of the machine as a planer, i now only go for
rough-sawn wood. i have stacks of it in my shop, and just tonight i
took five 10' boards down from rough sawn to 7/8", clean as can be. i
can feed a 10' thick hard maple board (60 lbs? 80?) in, it hangs off
the end of the machine, the machine sucks it in and doesn't budge. it's
heavy and solid. the planer head itself is solid steel, must weight 75
lbs. they have a knife exchange program which makes it simple to keep
sharp knives in the thing.

the infinitely variable feed speed is super helpful - if i start to
detect or hear any chipout, i can dial it down and stop the damage.

--- dz

Bob Heveri wrote:

I use it for the drum sander and occasionally for the planer when i have
largers projects. Think it is well worth the money and is a very well
made
machine.

Bob Heveri
"Frosty Thunder" wrote in message

Does anyone know about this machine or even better do you have one.
What
are the pro's and con's? I am looking at a 25" but need some confidence

be sold on it. Appreciate any input.

Thanks
George