larry in cinci

Default OT Electric motor from auction

Ok here is the story, I went to an auction and picked up some bargans. The
one that has gotten my interest was a lot of three motors that all work but
no one bid on so after the auctioneer shed some tears I offered $1.00 and
almost got knocked over he said sold so fast. All the motors are 1/4 hp but
one is huge. It was made by Century Electric of St Louis (I assume Mo) and
the nameplate says Frigidaire on it. Nameplate also has 1/4 hp 110/220 vac
1750 rpm 4 amp ( yeah no decimal just 4) and a patent date of 1918. Also
has frame and other stuff that I can't remember right now. Anybody know
anything about the manufacturer or if they have a museum that might be
interested in having this beast. I am afraid that this thing is so heavy
anything I put it on will tip over. Thank you for any information or ideas.
Larry

--
larry in Cinci

bw

"larry in cinci" wrote in message
[...]

Same thing happened to me. 1/4 HP motor about 1917, Wagner Electric of St.
Louis. Huge, almost cant pick it up. Fixed up the cord, added oil to the
bearing wicks and it runs perfectly.
Looked into the St. Louis connection, none of those pre-WW2 company
connections exist today, but some parts were incorporated into organizations
which still exist, doubt that any would be interested in the motor. Ask
around at your local museum/university. Maybe some industrial historian
might want to look at it.
Brent Wegher