Joe Wells

Default [Shill] A plug for Hibdon Hardwood

It is with great trepidation that I post this, but I really like these
guys.

There's a company near downtown St. Louis called Hibdon Hardwood and it is
a paradise of exotic lumber. After years of wholesaling exotics, primarily
to instrument makers, they've opened a retail storefront. Hidden inside
the unassuming shop, there's just stacks of beautiful wood. Sure, they
have your curly maple, mahogany, purpleheart and so forth. But they have
some spiffy stuff like macassar ebony, primavera, zebrawood, and figured
purpleheart.

I asked today how the retail side was going. "It's there" was the reply.
Seems that things have been slow through out the summer. I'm only posting
this because I don't want them to shut it down due to lack of interest.
I'm selfish that way.

So if you're loitering around St. Louis, check 'em out. You can look up
their info easily enough. In fact, I'm pretty sure that you can Feel Lucky
when Googling their name.

Standard disclaimers apply. I'm not affiliated with them in any way,
except as a mildly concerned customer.

--
Joe Wells

Mike S.

Thanks for the info, I'm about 100 miles south of STL. and go up there every
comple of months to Rockler and Woodcraft. Now have another place to nose
around in. I take it that UNISAW is in the ST. Louis area, if so maybe we
can met up somewhere for some coffee and wood talk.

--
Mike S.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm
"Joe Wells" wrote in message
news
[...]

Unisaw A100

Mike S. wrote:
Thanks for the info, I'm about 100 miles south of STL. and go up there every
comple of months to Rockler and Woodcraft. Now have another place to nose
around in. I take it that UNISAW is in the ST. Louis area, if so maybe we
can met up somewhere for some coffee and wood talk.

Unisaw only makes it back to the StL area during a twice
yearly down and back.

Now, should you find yourself in Mahwaukee...

Unisaw A-100
Mike Hide

have to agree, I have not been in the area but subsequent to an enquiry the
sent me a beautiful sample box of assorted woods they sell....mjh

--
http://members.tripod.com/mikehide2
"Joe Wells" wrote in message
news
[...]

Mike Gerdts

Unisaw A100 wrote:
Unisaw only makes it back to the StL area during a twice
yearly down and back.

Now, should you find yourself in Mahwaukee...

Unisaw A-100

I find myself pretty close to there (3 blocks south or 32 blocks
west). Can you comment on the local wood suppliers? In my limited
search, I have found Kettle Moraine Hardwoods as my most promising
source. Any recommendations for other local places to check out?
Currently I am not looking for anything terribly fancy - just some
4/4 and 6/4 maple or maybe cherry.

TIA,
Mike

Unisaw A100

Mike Gerdts wrote:
I find myself pretty close to there (3 blocks south or 32 blocks
west). Can you comment on the local wood suppliers? In my limited
search, I have found Kettle Moraine Hardwoods as my most promising
source. Any recommendations for other local places to check out?
Currently I am not looking for anything terribly fancy - just some
4/4 and 6/4 maple or maybe cherry.

Kettle Moraine has a north and south outlet.

http://kmhardwoods.com/fsetlp.htm

There is also Badger Hardwoods.

www.badgerwood.com

I get almost everything I use from work which initially
comes from Boehm (pronounced bame/rhymes with blame)
Madison. To the best of my knowledge they only deal in
commercial sales. They are by far the best if you are
looking for good usable lumber.

http://www.boehm-madisen.com/

Try a search on WoodFinder.com and broaden your search to
the hunnert mile radius.

www.woodfinder.com

UA100

Burke Millrite Spindle Bearings Access Plug Dennis van Dam Metalworking 22 August 3rd 04 06:32 AM
Making a hardwood curved stage Jim Woodworking 5 June 18th 04 04:25 PM
Making a hardwood curved stage Jim Home Repair 5 June 18th 04 04:25 PM
Plug Strips Jeff Wisnia Home Repair 13 August 30th 03 06:08 AM
Kitchen Cab / Hardwood Installation HELP Michael Roback Home Repair 1 August 11th 03 08:52 PM