Jack

Default Plans for a hidden bed

In our cottage we have one smaller bedroom where a full size double bed
overwhelms the room. I would like to make a bed that is a single size but
then would have a pull out bed underneath it should we need the second one.
It could also be a second single bed or make into a full size. Does anyone
know of plans for such a thing? I can be emailed at
Thanks

Todd

Jack,

My grandfather built me a bed years ago just like what you are
looking for. It was all made from plywood. Think of it as a super
short dresser with only one drawer.

When the drawer was closed, it was just an average twin bed. When
the drawer was pulled out, that effectively made it a double bed.

Only difference is the drawer that pulled out had a top ( hinged )
It would open up like somewhat like a diekens( sp ? ) bench and inside
it was storage for the foam ( for the pull out bed part ) and spare
sheets and pillows.

Hope it gives you some idea's

Todd

rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 6 of 10 - Plans Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 0 April 1st 04 09:16 AM
Peg-gear-clock Plans - Woodworking Plans peg-gear-clock Woodturning 0 December 11th 03 11:10 PM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM
Protecting Designs WoodJunkie Woodworking 3 August 4th 03 02:08 PM