Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Finger joint/box joint jig

If you're looking to make finger joints on your table saw, I highly recommend this jig. I know there are many out there, but this one anticipates a lot of issues and makes the job easy. One thing: I kept a perfectly squared 1x6 handy to index the cut piece perpendicular to the jig.

https://www.woodcraft.com/media/W1si...9fd98fe2a3ec3e
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 10:12:30 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
If you're looking to make finger joints on your table saw, I highly recommend this jig. I know there are many out there, but this one anticipates a lot of issues and makes the job easy. One thing: I kept a perfectly squared 1x6 handy to index the cut piece perpendicular to the jig.

https://www.woodcraft.com/media/W1si...9fd98fe2a3ec3e

Michael, and all, if you want a box joint jig you might try this. I built mine back when the plans first came out and Rockler still had the dovetail metal track. When Rockler stopped carrying it, Stumpy changed the plans to the second edition.

http://www.stumpynubs.com/incrementa...joint-jig.html

Bottom, great jig with outstanding versatility.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 06:02:17 -0700 (PDT), "Dr. Deb"
wrote:

On Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 10:12:30 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
If you're looking to make finger joints on your table saw, I highly recommend this jig. I know there are many out there, but this one anticipates a lot of issues and makes the job easy. One thing: I kept a perfectly squared 1x6 handy to index the cut piece perpendicular to the jig.

https://www.woodcraft.com/media/W1si...9fd98fe2a3ec3e

Michael, and all, if you want a box joint jig you might try this. I built mine back when the plans first came out and Rockler still had the dovetail metal track. When Rockler stopped carrying it, Stumpy changed the plans to the second edition.

http://www.stumpynubs.com/incrementa...joint-jig.html

Bottom, great jig with outstanding versatility.

After making/using several different box-joint jigs over the years, I
decided to go with an Incra iBox jig and have never looked back. It is easy
to setup and is accurate to 0.001". It is some of the best money that I have
ever spent on woodworking tools.
--
Jerry O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I have the Leigh and I-Box. I prefer the I-box.