Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anybody Need A 540 lb Anvil? Comes With A Stand!

$2,400

Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls...872290390.html

He'll help you load...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2019 10:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
$2,400

Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls...872290390.html

He'll help you load...

Thanks for the link. My anvil is not worn out yet but it can't hurt to
have a spare around in case mine breaks when the stores are closed.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 19:30:52 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

$2,400

Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls...872290390.html

He'll help you load...

.... if I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the mor-oor--ning ..

John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/24/2019 10:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
$2,400

Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls...872290390.html

He'll help you load...

I wonder if it'll fit in the trunk of my small Honda?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:30:55 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
$2,400

Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls...872290390.html

He'll help you load...

Anvils are that expensive? Link says the anvil cost $3250 new. Also odd that a business bought all of this new equipment and then did not use it. What is up with that?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 11:49:16 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Anvils are that expensive? Link says the anvil cost $3250 new.

Also odd that a business bought all of this new equipment and then did not use it. What is up with that?

Yeah, that's what I thought. The guy probably doesn't know what he's doing or was to do. Any knowing smithy can do most any job with a much smaller anvil.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 09:49:12 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:30:55 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
$2,400

Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls...872290390.html

He'll help you load...

Anvils are that expensive? Link says the anvil cost $3250 new. Also odd that a business bought all of this new equipment and then did not use it. What is up with that?

I think someone has been watching "Forge in Fire" and entered the
arena with high hopes and little knowledge?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:30:55 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
$2,400

Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls...872290390.html

He'll help you load...

Anvils are that expensive? Link says the anvil cost $3250 new.

He's trying to rip people off. You can get it for $3245.

https://meadersupply.com/products/bi...nt=23379096199

Also odd that a business bought all of this new equipment and then did
not use it. What is up with that?

I'll bet there's lots of us wondering the same thing.

He does post a nice ad though. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 writes:
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:30:55 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
$2,400

Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls...872290390.html

He'll help you load...

Also odd that a business bought all of this new equipment and then did
not use it. What is up with that?

I'll bet there's lots of us wondering the same thing.

Probably watched too many episodes of _Forged in Fire_.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 3:08:53 PM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
DerbyDad03 writes:
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:30:55 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
$2,400

Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls...872290390.html

He'll help you load...

Also odd that a business bought all of this new equipment and then did
not use it. What is up with that?

I'll bet there's lots of us wondering the same thing.

Probably watched too many episodes of _Forged in Fire_.

Well.... Back twenty, thirty years ago, when This Old House was still newish, and Norm had his furniture making show, I suspect a few of us bought woodworking tools because of watching those shows. I confess.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 writes:
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:30:55 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
$2,400

Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls...872290390.html

He'll help you load...

Also odd that a business bought all of this new equipment and then did
not use it. What is up with that?

I'll bet there's lots of us wondering the same thing.

Probably watched too many episodes of _Forged in Fire_.

Well.... Back twenty, thirty years ago, when This Old House was still newish, and Norm had his furniture making show, I suspect a few of us bought woodworking tools because of watching those shows. I confess.

Well.... Some of us were hooked twenty or thirty years before that.
;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 writes:
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:30:55 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
$2,400

Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls...872290390.html

He'll help you load...

Also odd that a business bought all of this new equipment and then did
not use it. What is up with that?

I'll bet there's lots of us wondering the same thing.

Probably watched too many episodes of _Forged in Fire_.

Well.... Back twenty, thirty years ago, when This Old House was still newish, and Norm had his furniture making show, I suspect a few of us bought woodworking tools because of watching those shows. I confess.

Well.... Some of us were hooked twenty or thirty years before that.
;-)

I remember that soon after I bought my first router I was watching the
New Yankee Workshop. I was pretty pumped that I had bought a really cool
tool. Then I realized that when Norm wanted to rout a certain profile, he
didn't change router bits, he changed routers. He had a big drawer that
held at least a half dozen routers. That brought me right back down to
earth.

Now I have 3 - full size, trim and one in the router table, so I'm still
changing bits.
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 writes:
[...]

I have six, three full-size (one needs new brushes), trim, and two in
tables/lifts (one of the lifts doesn't get used anymore but given some
time I may build it into my saw table).

Changing a bit isn't a big deal but it takes time, something they
don't have a lot of between commercials. That's something I don't have
much of, either, but saving time on a bit change isn't going to help.