Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anybody Need A 540 lb Anvil? Comes With A Stand!

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 04:40:30 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 11:26:12 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 19:24:39 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 3:08:53 PM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
DerbyDad03 writes:
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 9:30:55 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
$2,400

Big Blue Power Hammer,too. $5,650

https://rochester.craigslist.org/tls...872290390.html

He'll help you load...

Also odd that a business bought all of this new equipment and then did
not use it. What is up with that?

I'll bet there's lots of us wondering the same thing.

Probably watched too many episodes of _Forged in Fire_.

Well.... Back twenty, thirty years ago, when This Old House was still newish, and Norm had his furniture making show, I suspect a few of us bought woodworking tools because of watching those shows. I confess.

Well.... Some of us were hooked twenty or thirty years before that.
;-)

I remember that soon after I bought my first router I was watching the
New Yankee Workshop. I was pretty pumped that I had bought a really cool
tool. Then I realized that when Norm wanted to rout a certain profile, he
didn't change router bits, he changed routers. He had a big drawer that
held at least a half dozen routers. That brought me right back down to
earth.

Now I have 3 - full size, trim and one in the router table, so I'm still
changing bits.

I have six, three full-size (one needs new brushes), trim, and two in
tables/lifts (one of the lifts doesn't get used anymore but given some
time I may build it into my saw table).

Changing a bit isn't a big deal but it takes time, something they
don't have a lot of between commercials. That's something I don't have
much of, either, but saving time on a bit change isn't going to help.