Posted to rec.woodworking

Default One Day Woodshop Rental in Boston area

My son needs a workshop for one day to build some wooden stands for a Scout Eagle project. We don't necessarily need tools, just a space to fit about 10 boy scouts in. Do you know of anywhere we can rent for this in the Boston area?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 06:58:29 -0800 (PST), Michael Paul
wrote:

My son needs a workshop for one day to build some wooden stands for a Scout Eagle project. We don't necessarily need tools, just a space to fit about 10 boy scouts in. Do you know of anywhere we can rent for this in the Boston area?

Doesn't anybody have a garage?

https://mommypoppins.com/kids/stem-fun-makerspaces-for-boston-kids
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

My son needs a workshop for one day to build some wooden stands for a Scout Eagle project.
We don't necessarily need tools, just a space to fit about 10 boy scouts in.
Do you know of anywhere we can rent for this in the Boston area?

If there is a local seniors woodworking / craft center - they
might allow a special-case use - of their assembly area - not the
shop machines or power tools for obvious reasons.
Also some of the building supply stores have seminar rooms -
it could be sold to them as a good public relations endeavor ?
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 9:59:24 AM UTC-5, Michael Paul wrote:
My son needs a workshop for one day to build some wooden stands for a Scout Eagle project. We don't necessarily need tools, just a space to fit about 10 boy scouts in. Do you know of anywhere we can rent for this in the Boston area?

Contact the Scout's school district. Get in touch with the director of
their STEM program.

Or contact BoStem directly. Note the words "Working in collaboration with
Boston Public Schools and local corporations..." Sounds to me like they
would have lots of contacts.

https://bostonbeyond.org/stem/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 08:06:02 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 9:59:24 AM UTC-5, Michael Paul wrote:
My son needs a workshop for one day to build some wooden stands for a Scout Eagle project. We don't necessarily need tools, just a space to fit about 10 boy scouts in. Do you know of anywhere we can rent for this in the Boston area?

Contact the Scout's school district. Get in touch with the director of
their STEM program.

Or contact BoStem directly. Note the words "Working in collaboration with
Boston Public Schools and local corporations..." Sounds to me like they
would have lots of contacts.

https://bostonbeyond.org/stem/

Grreat idea ! ... schools would have a pretty good idea about
proper safety and supervision - for the age group .
unlike my idea of a seniors center
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 8:59:24 AM UTC-6, Michael Paul wrote:
My son needs a workshop for one day to build some wooden stands for a Scout Eagle project. We don't necessarily need tools, just a space to fit about 10 boy scouts in. Do you know of anywhere we can rent for this in the Boston area?

I assume this is an official Boy Scout, Eagle Scout meeting. So I would assume you could contact the head office for the Scouts and they would have members, sponsors, etc. in Boston to contact and set you up. But maybe I'm just too simple and the easy logical way is wrong.