Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Paging Leon and Other Domino Users!

The more tenon joinery I do the more I realize how tedious it all is and
how long it takes to set up and actually construct the joints.
I mean, from a woodworker's standpoint, the process is rewarding and
even therapeutic. That's part of the enjoyment we get from woodworking,
right?
But as a businessman, I'm not interested "enjoying the journey." I want
to enjoy the paycheck. Time is money and I don't want to waste either
when doing client work.

On my latest project I used a doweling jig that is *supposed* to center
the holes perfectly on the stock. However, no matter how careful I am
with it, it never seems to end up with two boards perfectly aligned to
one another. I always end up planing or sanding the get a perfectly
flush seem.

The question I need answered before I ever consider forking over a
$GRAND$ for a uni-tasking tenon cutter is, are the results perfect?
Does it result in perfectly flush alignment every time? Or is it still
a little wonky and you end us doing some sanding to make the joints flush?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--