Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting boards made of UHMW???

On 3/29/2018 10:06 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2018 00:42:47 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

? 2003?8?14???? UTC+8??2:22:13?Steve???
Anyone know if cutting boards are made of UHMW plastic sheeting?

uhmwpe chopping board panels environmental plastic cutting board

1 no-toxic and no odor
2.Stain resistant cutting boards
3.Warp resistant
4.Impact resistant
5.Do not asorb water
6.Resistant to bending, chipping and cracking
7.Multi-purpose & hygienic
8.Plastic cutting board is the best substitute for traditional wooden cutting boards
Email:

Mobile: 86 18053436845
Tel: 86 534 5019333
Fax: 86 534 5019399
Ningjin Xinjiang Chemical Co., Ltd.
Address: SunQiBin Industrial Park, NingJin, DeZhou City, ShanDong, China
Website:
www.sdnjxjhg.com

Plastic isn't the greatest idea for cutting boards. Bacterial loves
to hide in the cuts in a cutting board. Wood has natural disinfectant
properties. Plastic doesn't. The cuts in wood, particularly
end-grain boards, is self-healing, too. Plastic is also ugly.

I have made some very pretty high-quality end-grain cutting boards. That
said, what I use in the kitchen is commercial-quality UHMW plastic. I can
and do sanitize my plastic boards with bleach and run them through the
highest temperature 'sanitize' cycle on my dishwasher. Try doing that with
a wooden board -- you probably can't do it more than once.