Old April 11th 18, 02:35 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cutting boards made of UHMW???

On 3/29/2018 5:30 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:

One can purchase a board, or the plans to make it yourself. This is one
of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVd-jxTmq4g

I only make cutting boards out of trees I cut down in my yard or friends
yard. To me, you can buy working (not art) cutting boards pretty cheap.

Now this guy makes fancy boards, but I'm more impressed with his tools.
Hell of a bandsaw, hell of a planer, hell of a table saw. This guy has
every right to be a "tool snob". Not easy to make me jealous (don't
care a lick about festering tools) but his tools are the bomb....
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Old April 11th 18, 04:37 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/29/2018 5:30 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:

One can purchase a board, or the plans to make it yourself. This is one
of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVd-jxTmq4g

I only make cutting boards out of trees I cut down in my yard or friends
yard.* To me, you can buy working (not art) cutting boards pretty cheap.

Now this guy makes fancy boards, but I'm more impressed with his tools.
Hell of a bandsaw, hell of a planer, hell of a table saw. This guy has
every right to be a "tool snob".* Not easy to make me jealous (don't
care a lick about festering tools) but his tools are the bomb....

Like O.M.G, you said, his tools are the bomb! You sound just like a an
old guy wanting to sound like a teen. ;~)

Tool Snob, some one who makes cynical remarks about some one elses tools.

Old April 11th 18, 05:34 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 10:37 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/29/2018 5:30 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:

One can purchase a board, or the plans to make it yourself. This is one
of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVd-jxTmq4g

I only make cutting boards out of trees I cut down in my yard or
friends yard.* To me, you can buy working (not art) cutting boards
pretty cheap.

Now this guy makes fancy boards, but I'm more impressed with his
tools. Hell of a bandsaw, hell of a planer, hell of a table saw. This
guy has every right to be a "tool snob".* Not easy to make me jealous
(don't care a lick about festering tools) but his tools are the bomb....

Like O.M.G, you said, his tools are the bomb!* You sound just like a an
old guy wanting to sound like a teen.* ;~)

Tool Snob, some one who makes cynical remarks about some one elses tools.

Wait... THEY don't say "the bomb" anymore?
@#$%! I just got out of the habit of saying "the bee's knees".
What do THEY say now?

Old April 11th 18, 07:40 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
[...]

Not sure but probably, but when it comes out of an old guy is just
sounds out of place. Cool, seems to still work well. Some words have
stood the test of time. MY BAD went down flaming. LOL

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own. When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???
Old April 11th 18, 11:16 PM posted to rec.woodworking

shiggins1 wrote in news
Wait... THEY don't say "the bomb" anymore?
@#$%! I just got out of the habit of saying "the bee's knees".
What do THEY say now?

Dope. Chill.

I'm of that generation and I DON'T GET IT EITHER!

I still haven't figured out if chill means just "hang out" or if it means
"go someplace and smoke pot". It's just like "watch a movie" means
"start a movie and have sex." What do you say when you want to watch a
movie?! Even more confusing is "Netflix and Chill" means "have sex" but
has nothing to do with smoking pot?

And we thought hardwood vs hard wood was difficult!

Puckdropper

Old April 12th 18, 01:04 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/29/2018 5:30 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:

One can purchase a board, or the plans to make it yourself. This is one
of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVd-jxTmq4g

I only make cutting boards out of trees I cut down in my yard or
friends yard. To me, you can buy working (not art) cutting boards
pretty cheap.

Now this guy makes fancy boards, but I'm more impressed with his
tools. Hell of a bandsaw, hell of a planer, hell of a table saw. This
guy has every right to be a "tool snob". Not easy to make me jealous
(don't care a lick about festering tools) but his tools are the bomb....

Like O.M.G, you said, his tools are the bomb! You sound just like a
an old guy wanting to sound like a teen. ;~)

Tool Snob, some one who makes cynical remarks about some one elses tools.

Wait... THEY don't say "the bomb" anymore?

Depends on your definition of "THEY".

@#$%! I just got out of the habit of saying "the bee's knees".
What do THEY say now?

Whilst I don't recollect every using "the bomb" before, I figured it
would bring the cynical, negative curmudgeons out of the woodwork.

It means the same as the bee's knees or the cat's meow, but like way newer.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Old April 12th 18, 02:28 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
[...]

No, what actually brought out the cynical was hearing you start with,
referencing tool snob, and not caring a lick about a particular brand tool.
And now you are not so much impressed with his work as you are with his
tools. Talk about tool snob.

It means the same as the bee's knees or the cat's meow, but like way newer.

Yes, we all know.

And once again your comments, to draw attention , have served you well as
"click bait".
Some one needed to tend to "that" person in the room. This time it was
me.

Old April 12th 18, 02:40 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.
Old April 12th 18, 02:57 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/12/2018 8:40 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.

I think it is used by those that don't have a grasp of the true
definition of a word, or how to use it in it's past, present, or future
tense.

No kidding, I have read "obsolete" with ality some how tacked on to the
end. ;~)
Old April 12th 18, 04:30 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/11/2018 2:40 PM, Leon wrote:

What irks me these days is the suffix "ality" tacked on to words that
work just fine all on their own.* When does "function" EVER need to be
use as functionality???

It doesn't for grammarality, but that's just a technicality.

I think it is used by those that don't have a grasp of the true
definition of a word, or how to use it in it's past, present, or future
tense.

No kidding, I have read "obsolete" with ality some how tacked on to the
end. ;~)

Once awhile ago, is was explained to me, English is a living and
dynamically ever evolving language.

But I have been butchering english for all my life, numbers are no
doubt my best mastered laguage.