Posted to rec.woodworking

Default entire leaning house wall bookshelf

inspired by designing for earthquakes but i like the idea of an entire
wall leaning and providing a nice bookshelf

whole house is interesting too as it is very compact but not
claustrophobic

https://www.designboom.com/architect...an-11-23-2017/

might add a few handholds but it does lean a lot so maybe handhold just
not needed

also easier than a ladder and safer for young and old

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 12:56:26 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
inspired by designing for earthquakes but i like the idea of an entire
wall leaning and providing a nice bookshelf

whole house is interesting too as it is very compact but not
claustrophobic

https://www.designboom.com/architect...an-11-23-2017/

might add a few handholds but it does lean a lot so maybe handhold just
not needed

also easier than a ladder and safer for young and old

"Safer" in what manner? There is so much wrong with that image, starting with the
shoes she is wearing for climbing.

Would you want your "old" grandmother climbing that wall?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/25/18 11:56 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

inspired by designing for earthquakes but i like the idea of an entire
wall leaning and providing a nice bookshelf

https://www.designboom.com/architect...an-11-23-2017/

I LOVE IT!!!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
www.mikedrums.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet on Thu, 25 Jan 2018
09:56:22 -0800 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

inspired by designing for earthquakes but i like the idea of an entire
wall leaning and providing a nice bookshelf

whole house is interesting too as it is very compact but not
claustrophobic

https://www.designboom.com/architect...an-11-23-2017/

might add a few handholds but it does lean a lot so maybe handhold just
not needed

also easier than a ladder and safer for young and old

A nifty idea, but I can see many "issues". At least for me and
mine.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 10:17:39 -0800
pyotr filipivich wrote:

https://www.designboom.com/architect...an-11-23-2017/

A nifty idea, but I can see many "issues". At least for me
and mine.

it is a steep angle but i think the indoor picture makes it look steeper

the outdoor angle makes it clearer but would not want toddlers on it

keep their books at the bottom

but it is not so much different then a steep staircase for a cellar or
attic

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet on Mon, 5 Feb 2018
10:56:57 -0800 typed in rec.woodworking the following:
pyotr filipivich wrote:

https://www.designboom.com/architect...an-11-23-2017/

A nifty idea, but I can see many "issues". At least for me
and mine.

it is a steep angle but i think the indoor picture makes it look steeper

the outdoor angle makes it clearer but would not want toddlers on it

keep their books at the bottom

but it is not so much different then a steep staircase for a cellar or
attic

My issues revolve around a wife with balance issues, and a sense
that they have "too much shelf - not enough books!" (We are literally
bookcases on three of four walls, except in the kitchen.)

--
pyotr filipivich