Posted to rec.woodworking

Default workbench position

always had my bench against a wall but lot of videos show the bench
away from walls so both sides are accessible

just seemed like having against a wall made the best use of floor space
but i was wrong about that as it has actually given me a better layout
now i can get to both sides

it is better for working and a lot easier for quick cleanup

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Electric Comet, Iggy wrote:
Sure, if it's in a normal room, a lot better for bigger projects and even just
panel cutting. But, not at all ideal for a car garage that's actually used for
cars. You can get away with quick projects, but not with furniture, invention,
welding or multi-layered finish application projects.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...on-811444-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Electric Comet, Iggy wrote:
Sure, if it's in a normal room, a lot better for bigger projects and even just
panel cutting. But, not at all ideal for a garage that's actually used as a
garage. You can get away with quick projects, but not with furniture,
invention, welding or multi-layered finish application projects.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...on-811444-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 12:14:03 GMT, Iggy
m wrote:

replying to Electric Comet, Iggy wrote:
Sure, if it's in a normal room, a lot better for bigger projects and even just
panel cutting. But, not at all ideal for a car garage that's actually used for
cars. You can get away with quick projects, but not with furniture, invention,
welding or multi-layered finish application projects.

EC Is actually correct, especially in the case you described, since
his super duper benches are moveable so you can indeed park your
Ferrari in the same garage along with the old ladies Rolls Royce, you
just need to ask him how he does it.

And while you're at it ask him about his solar powered car wash at the
drive through entrance of his garage with water collected from rain
storms. I am sure your home owners club blog would want to see how it
is all done on less than an income of 5,000 dollars a month, eh?

Oh, and those wind powered wall clocks? A thing of beauty to behold
and the unused wind is bypassed to dust off everything in the house
saving his wife even more work so she can laze by the pool.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Material can hang over the end / side and held up so material doesn't
have to be cut down to table size to use. Just like a table-saw in
front of a pull down door so material can hang out or be pushed through.

If one has a Huge shop yea. If small it gets tight.

In one house I had a desk - window. Table wall. Tabletop for work and
drill press grinder and small tools / work in the middle/side. Then
were the washer, dryer, Farm Sink, Hot Water, My metal cabinet for paint
and chemicals. But that was a small suspended 10' above the ground with
a 6" slab flying. Big 10x10 system underneath.

Now a 30x30 4 roll-up garage doors - I open three, keep 4 closed.
Tools/benches everywhere and materials. I put 3 17' trucks into it
after I got my stuff. Getting rid of some of it.

Martin

On 10/19/2017 11:09 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
always had my bench against a wall but lot of videos show the bench
away from walls so both sides are accessible

just seemed like having against a wall made the best use of floor space
but i was wrong about that as it has actually given me a better layout
now i can get to both sides

it is better for working and a lot easier for quick cleanup

Workbench Plans Added to Workbench Website Tim C Woodworking 9 March 24th 05 03:13 AM
Wood Burner - Flue Position in chimney? Peter Hemmings UK diy 2 February 13th 04 10:16 PM
Mid-Position 3 Port Valve - Hot Water (A) position & OFF - but HW flow to boiler? Clivedodd UK diy 3 September 9th 03 12:53 AM
Mid Position Valve Nigel UK diy 2 July 4th 03 03:24 AM
Rules for tools - current position - Circular saws, and still wondeing which one [email protected] UK diy 1 July 3rd 03 07:59 PM