Peter Hemmings

Default Wood Burner - Flue Position in chimney?

Hi,

I have a working Wood Warm fire in my living room with a top mounted
flue pipe, however it needs to be mounted about 3 centimetres forward
so that the large doors ca fully open (they touch the wall before they
are parallel to it).
At present the flue is slightly towards the front of the chimney and if
I move it 3cms forward it will almost touch the rear of the front brick.
If I fit a rear flue, to get the 3cms movement, it will almost
certainly touch the front of the rear brick!!
Now for the questions:

Doe it matter where in the chimney void the flue is positioned?
Which of the above options is preferred?
For information, fitting a rear mounted flue and positioning the fire
in the middle of the chimney would bring the fire too far into the room.
Thanks
--
Peter Hemmings
The Natural Philosopher

Peter Hemmings wrote:

Hi,

I have a working Wood Warm fire in my living room with a top mounted
flue pipe, however it needs to be mounted about 3 centimetres forward
so that the large doors ca fully open (they touch the wall before they
are parallel to it).
At present the flue is slightly towards the front of the chimney and if
I move it 3cms forward it will almost touch the rear of the front brick.
If I fit a rear flue, to get the 3cms movement, it will almost
certainly touch the front of the rear brick!!
Now for the questions:

Doe it matter where in the chimney void the flue is positioned?
Which of the above options is preferred?
For information, fitting a rear mounted flue and positioning the fire
in the middle of the chimney would bring the fire too far into the room.
Thanks

I don;t think it matters at all if you have a sealed flue-to chimney.
Provided flow is not obnstrructed.

Strictly, the moment you move it, it comes under building regs and you
ought to fully line the flue anyway :-)

Peter Hemmings

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes

[...]