Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hitachi miter saw

So we are having an issue with the blade slightly hitting the plastic guard on
the left, that sits under the wood. Changed the blade, changed the guards,
still has the problem. How do I fix it?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...aw-810634-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

Karen m wrote in
:

So we are having an issue with the blade slightly hitting the plastic
guard on the left, that sits under the wood. Changed the blade,
changed the guards, still has the problem. How do I fix it?

Get an exploded diagram, there's often one in the owners manual, and
compare your saw to the diagram. Make sure all the pieces are there.

If you actually reply, we'll give you as much help as possible. Homeowners
hub people almost never seem to follow up. (This post took 60 seconds to
write, I can spare a minute to be friendly.)

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 6:44:10 PM UTC-4, Karen wrote:
So we are having an issue with the blade slightly hitting the plastic guard on
the left, that sits under the wood. Changed the blade, changed the guards,
still has the problem. How do I fix it?

Stabilizer washer on the wrong side (inside) of the blade?

That would certainly move the blade to the left.