Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyway to repair holes in wood fence

Any idea if there is anyway to repair holes on wood fence or do I need to
replace the panels.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/9l

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jovanii Sanchez m
wrote in :

Any idea if there is anyway to repair holes on wood fence or do I need
to replace the panels.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/9l

Yes, you can repair the holes. The repair will likely be visible,
though. You can cut out the bad section of board and replace it with
another. (There's lots of ways to make and do your patch--reply if you
need further guidance there.) I'd suggest a polyurethane glue or
Titebond II or Titebond III for a glue, probably the polyurethane glue
would work best. Be sure to read the package directions.

However, if you're talking about a pressure treated dog-eared fence just
replace the panel. They're something like $1-3 each and are usually
held on by galvanized nails or screws. It'll take you way less time and
look way better than repairing the hole. Just replace the fasteners
holding the board while you're at it, they're cheap and the old ones
just aren't worth messing with.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 7:14:06 PM UTC-5, Jovanii Sanchez wrote:
Any idea if there is anyway to repair holes on wood fence or do I need to
replace the panels.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/9l

You CAN repair (I would avoid polyurethane glue like the plague and only use Titebond III). However, when you do, you weaken the existing slat and only delay the replacement. As Nor said, it will take a lot less time to just replace the boards.

BTW, I would use short deck screws to put the new boards up. they are both easier to put up with the fence in place, and take out the next time you need to replace a board.

Filling (big) holes in wood/Wood repair JoeJoe UK diy 3 November 30th 05 11:28 AM
wood fence -- reuse post holes in concrete? BF Home Repair 16 March 27th 05 11:47 AM
Drilling 21/32" holes in blown-out 5/8-11 holes Tom Gardner Metalworking 10 November 29th 04 08:37 AM
fence post holes clara UK diy 4 March 24th 04 04:31 PM
Drilling holes in vinyl fence posts??? Cheryl Home Repair 7 January 21st 04 10:04 PM