Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 3hp sawstop

would not call this excellent condition and the price seems
really high even if it really was excellent condition

https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/5922294394.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:
would not call this excellent condition and the price seems
really high even if it really was excellent condition

It seems typical of craigslist sellers to mark their stuff high. Maybe
document that current price and bring that along with your offer (if you
want the saw)? Maybe he is willing to help you move it? Maybe he has
extra blades, etc. If you go visit, maybe you can get some insight as
to why he is selling it (it would make me feel more confident if he
wasn't replacing it).

https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/5922294394.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 19:02:29 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Electric Comet wrote:
would not call this excellent condition and the price seems
really high even if it really was excellent condition

It seems typical of craigslist sellers to mark their stuff high. Maybe
document that current price and bring that along with your offer (if you
want the saw)? Maybe he is willing to help you move it? Maybe he has
extra blades, etc. If you go visit, maybe you can get some insight as
to why he is selling it (it would make me feel more confident if he
wasn't replacing it).

https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/5922294394.html

Can buy one new for less than that price locally (ok an hour and a
half drive). Would not have the extra cartridges though.n
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/21/2017 4:13 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

would not call this excellent condition and the price seems
really high even if it really was excellent condition

https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/5922294394.html

Yeah, but he said it works grate.

Would have been smart to at least clean up the sawdust.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 19:51:55 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/21/2017 4:13 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

would not call this excellent condition and the price seems
really high even if it really was excellent condition

https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/5922294394.html

Yeah, but he said it works grate.

Sorry but I wouldn't buy a saw that was grating.

Would have been smart to at least clean up the sawdust.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/21/2017 6:51 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/21/2017 4:13 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

would not call this excellent condition and the price seems
really high even if it really was excellent condition

https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/5922294394.html

Yeah, but he said it works grate.

Would have been smart to at least clean up the sawdust.

Depending on the age 3250 is not out of line, this is the largest
industrial version of the SawStop offerings. A 52" version starts at
$4K then add the extra cartridges that he is selling also in the deal.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 7:02:47 PM UTC-5, Bill wrote:
Electric Comet wrote:
would not call this excellent condition and the price seems
really high even if it really was excellent condition

It seems typical of craigslist sellers to mark their stuff high. Maybe
document that current price and bring that along with your offer (if you
want the saw)? Maybe he is willing to help you move it? Maybe he has
extra blades, etc. If you go visit, maybe you can get some insight as
to why he is selling it (it would make me feel more confident if he
wasn't replacing it).

https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/5922294394.html

It seems pretty clear to me why he is selling it. He gave us the reason right in the ad.

Did you see the words "buying", "bigger" and "don't have room"?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 8:55:45 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 1/21/2017 6:51 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/21/2017 4:13 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

would not call this excellent condition and the price seems
really high even if it really was excellent condition

https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/5922294394.html

Yeah, but he said it works grate.

Would have been smart to at least clean up the sawdust.

Depending on the age 3250 is not out of line, this is the largest
industrial version of the SawStop offerings. A 52" version starts at
$4K then add the extra cartridges that he is selling also in the deal.

It looks like the 36" model sells for basically the same price as the 52 CL offering,
without the extra items.

https://www.amazon.com/SawStop-PCS31.../dp/B009C7NGTE
Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:
would not call this excellent condition and the price seems
really high even if it really was excellent condition

It seems typical of craigslist sellers to mark their stuff high. Maybe
document that current price and bring that along with your offer (if you
want the saw)? Maybe he is willing to help you move it? Maybe he has
extra blades, etc. If you go visit, maybe you can get some insight as
to why he is selling it (it would make me feel more confident if he
wasn't replacing it).

https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/5922294394.html

It seems pretty clear to me why he is selling it. He gave us the reason right in the ad.

Did you see the words "buying", "bigger" and "don't have room"?

So he is going to save a lot of space replacing his TS with a Panel saw
(vertical, I'm sure)? I don't know enough to say whether that makes sense.

If I was interested in this saw, I might go take a look, offer what I
considered to be fair, and otherwise would go buy the new one with
warranty. If he hasn't received any offers yet, he may be ready for one.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote:
would not call this excellent condition and the price seems
really high even if it really was excellent condition
It seems typical of craigslist sellers to mark their stuff high. Maybe
document that current price and bring that along with your offer (if you
want the saw)? Maybe he is willing to help you move it? Maybe he has
extra blades, etc. If you go visit, maybe you can get some insight as
to why he is selling it (it would make me feel more confident if he
wasn't replacing it).

https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/5922294394.html

It seems pretty clear to me why he is selling it. He gave us the
reason right in the ad.

Did you see the words "buying", "bigger" and "don't have room"?

So he is going to save a lot of space replacing his TS with a Panel saw
(vertical, I'm sure)? I don't know enough to say whether that makes sense.

If it is who I think it is, he has been trying to sell the SS for about
2~3 years. He wants a panel cutting TS, sliding table. Even more room.
IIRC this is Darrington Farms or something like that and the shop is
on a relatively large barn crammed with stuff.

If I was interested in this saw, I might go take a look, offer what I
considered to be fair, and otherwise would go buy the new one with
warranty. If he hasn't received any offers yet, he may be ready for one.

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/22/2017 7:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 8:55:45 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 1/21/2017 6:51 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/21/2017 4:13 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

would not call this excellent condition and the price seems
really high even if it really was excellent condition

https://eugene.craigslist.org/tls/5922294394.html

Yeah, but he said it works grate.

Would have been smart to at least clean up the sawdust.

Depending on the age 3250 is not out of line, this is the largest
industrial version of the SawStop offerings. A 52" version starts at
$4K then add the extra cartridges that he is selling also in the deal.

It looks like the 36" model sells for basically the same price as the 52 CL offering,
without the extra items.

https://www.amazon.com/SawStop-PCS31.../dp/B009C7NGTE

That is not the same saw, You cannot buy the ICS Industrial version, of
the SS from Amazon. Your link is the Professional version, a smaller
saw than the one in question.
This is the one up for sale,

http://www.sawstop.com/table-saws/by...t-saw#overview

FWIW all SS tale saws are left tilt. Oddly the bevel wheel in the
industrial version is on the left side of the saw and the motot cover on
the right side. The smaller professional version is just the opposite.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, January 23, 2017 at 12:38:00 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
[...]

I think that was my point. The CL "industrial" saw is listed at $3250. Others thought it was
overpriced, you didn't. I was agreeing that it probably wasn't overpriced since the smaller
professional version ($3167) is selling for almost the same price as the larger CL listing.

I was offering my support for your argument.

This is the one up for sale,

http://www.sawstop.com/table-saws/by...t-saw#overview

FWIW all SS tale saws are left tilt. Oddly the bevel wheel in the
industrial version is on the left side of the saw and the motot cover on
the right side. The smaller professional version is just the opposite.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/23/2017 5:57 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Gotcha! sorry, Thank you

This is the one up for sale,

http://www.sawstop.com/table-saws/by...t-saw#overview

FWIW all SS tale saws are left tilt. Oddly the bevel wheel in the
industrial version is on the left side of the saw and the motot cover on
the right side. The smaller professional version is just the opposite.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Sorry but I wouldn't buy a saw that was grating.

Yeah, ban pre-shredded cheese;
Make America grate again!

Dave in SoTex

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:

It seems typical of craigslist sellers to mark their stuff high.

pricing is a difficult thing to do well and yeah cl prices are usually
high

but gotta start high because if you start low you cannot go higher
usually

Maybe document that current price and bring that along with your

call and offer a low ball and if he takes offense move along

SawStop is here! Leon[_7_] Woodworking 58 April 29th 13 01:10 PM
Sawstop John UK diy 1 May 26th 10 01:20 PM
Sawstop Wilson Woodworking 7 November 26th 06 12:48 PM
SawStop tzipple Woodworking 110 February 5th 05 12:01 AM
SawStop? Darin Woodworking 104 December 18th 04 01:14 AM