Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bosch USA to sell Skil

More sells.

Looks like Chevron, a Chinese power tool company is already talking
about this on their site.

http://www.chervongroup.com/en/cherv...res-skil-brand

Brands they own.

http://www.chervongroup.com/en/what-we-do/our-brands

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 17:07:29 -0600, Leon wrote:

More sells.

Bosch owns (owned) Skil??? Sheesh! Talk about covering the spectrum.

--
What if a much of a which of a wind gives the truth to summer's lie?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/17/2017 7:14 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 17:07:29 -0600, Leon wrote:

More sells.

Bosch owns (owned) Skil??? Sheesh! Talk about covering the spectrum.

Yeah, IIRC 22 or so years ago. There was a time, shortly after the
acquisition that a Skil miter saw was identical to the Bosch and IIRC
Bosch has a worm drive Skil saw that says Bosch instead of Skil. :~)

https://www.skilsaw.com/product-deta...uct=SPT77WM-22

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/bos...csw41-48519-p/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/17/2017 8:40 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/17/2017 7:14 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 17:07:29 -0600, Leon wrote:

More sells.

Bosch owns (owned) Skil??? Sheesh! Talk about covering the spectrum.

Yeah, IIRC 22 or so years ago. There was a time, shortly after the
acquisition that a Skil miter saw was identical to the Bosch and IIRC
Bosch has a worm drive Skil saw that says Bosch instead of Skil. :~)

https://www.skilsaw.com/product-deta...uct=SPT77WM-22

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/bos...csw41-48519-p/

I believe that is why they bought skil... the worm drive was the
construction standard here in the U.S.A. It was Skil's most widely
accepted product. FWIW I had a skil battery operated drill in 1979,
1980.. My then FIL gave it to me. integral batteries. I was slow, but it
was a pretty good early battery operated drill.

--
Jeff

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/18/2017 2:58 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 1/17/2017 8:40 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/17/2017 7:14 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 17:07:29 -0600, Leon wrote:

More sells.

Bosch owns (owned) Skil??? Sheesh! Talk about covering the spectrum.

Yeah, IIRC 22 or so years ago. There was a time, shortly after the
acquisition that a Skil miter saw was identical to the Bosch and IIRC
Bosch has a worm drive Skil saw that says Bosch instead of Skil. :~)

https://www.skilsaw.com/product-deta...uct=SPT77WM-22

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/bos...csw41-48519-p/

I believe that is why they bought skil... the worm drive was the
construction standard here in the U.S.A. It was Skil's most widely
accepted product. FWIW I had a skil battery operated drill in 1979,
1980.. My then FIL gave it to me. integral batteries. I was slow, but it
was a pretty good early battery operated drill.

IIRC I had one of those Skil drivers, tiny, and had a collar that you
pulled out to lock the shaft if you need more manual muscle. And that
time sounds about right.

Skil 825 [email protected] Woodworking 0 August 28th 16 11:02 PM
Worcester Bosch Service Hard Sell?? [email protected] UK diy 37 April 14th 16 03:24 PM
If you have a closet full of clothes that you would like to sell,consider using an online auction site or consignment store to sell them tointerested consumers. Online auction sites will sell your used clothes to thehighest bidder and will require yo [email protected] UK diy 0 April 19th 08 11:30 AM
Old Skil Saw DanG Metalworking 7 February 26th 08 06:56 AM
Skil router, Bosch table base? Jim in PA Woodworking 3 September 1st 05 11:40 AM