DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bosch USA to sell Skil (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/584577-bosch-usa-sell-skil.html)

Leon[_7_] January 17th 17 11:07 PM

Bosch USA to sell Skil

More sells.

Looks like Chevron, a Chinese power tool company is already talking
about this on their site.

http://www.chervongroup.com/en/cherv...res-skil-brand

Brands they own.

http://www.chervongroup.com/en/what-we-do/our-brands

Larry Blanchard January 18th 17 01:14 AM

Bosch USA to sell Skil

On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 17:07:29 -0600, Leon wrote:

More sells.

Bosch owns (owned) Skil??? Sheesh! Talk about covering the spectrum.

--
What if a much of a which of a wind gives the truth to summer's lie?

Leon[_7_] January 18th 17 01:40 AM

Bosch USA to sell Skil

On 1/17/2017 7:14 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 17:07:29 -0600, Leon wrote:

More sells.

Bosch owns (owned) Skil??? Sheesh! Talk about covering the spectrum.

Yeah, IIRC 22 or so years ago. There was a time, shortly after the
acquisition that a Skil miter saw was identical to the Bosch and IIRC
Bosch has a worm drive Skil saw that says Bosch instead of Skil. :~)

https://www.skilsaw.com/product-deta...uct=SPT77WM-22

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/bos...csw41-48519-p/

woodchucker[_3_] January 18th 17 08:58 PM

Bosch USA to sell Skil

On 1/17/2017 8:40 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/17/2017 7:14 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 17:07:29 -0600, Leon wrote:

More sells.

Bosch owns (owned) Skil??? Sheesh! Talk about covering the spectrum.

Yeah, IIRC 22 or so years ago. There was a time, shortly after the
acquisition that a Skil miter saw was identical to the Bosch and IIRC
Bosch has a worm drive Skil saw that says Bosch instead of Skil. :~)

https://www.skilsaw.com/product-deta...uct=SPT77WM-22

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/bos...csw41-48519-p/

I believe that is why they bought skil... the worm drive was the
construction standard here in the U.S.A. It was Skil's most widely
accepted product. FWIW I had a skil battery operated drill in 1979,
1980.. My then FIL gave it to me. integral batteries. I was slow, but it
was a pretty good early battery operated drill.

--
Jeff

---

Leon[_7_] January 18th 17 11:00 PM

Bosch USA to sell Skil

On 1/18/2017 2:58 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 1/17/2017 8:40 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/17/2017 7:14 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 17:07:29 -0600, Leon wrote:

More sells.

Bosch owns (owned) Skil??? Sheesh! Talk about covering the spectrum.

Yeah, IIRC 22 or so years ago. There was a time, shortly after the
acquisition that a Skil miter saw was identical to the Bosch and IIRC
Bosch has a worm drive Skil saw that says Bosch instead of Skil. :~)

https://www.skilsaw.com/product-deta...uct=SPT77WM-22

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/bos...csw41-48519-p/

I believe that is why they bought skil... the worm drive was the
construction standard here in the U.S.A. It was Skil's most widely
accepted product. FWIW I had a skil battery operated drill in 1979,
1980.. My then FIL gave it to me. integral batteries. I was slow, but it
was a pretty good early battery operated drill.

IIRC I had one of those Skil drivers, tiny, and had a collar that you
pulled out to lock the shaft if you need more manual muscle. And that
time sounds about right.